You can type here any text you want

86 GN Chrome Rims - Tire Sizes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamcar86

I have owned my 86 GN for 9 months now and feel like I have upgraded everything on the car including the turbo. I ran into some serious traction problems and decided I needed more meat on the back. I mounted BF Goodrich Drag radials - 275/60 15's and they are rubbing on the frame of the car. Are there any sugestions as to what I should do besides the obvious of getting new wheels like spacers or are they even safe?

First thing you could try are aluminum drums, if you don't already have them. They push the wheel out a little bit further. There are usually a few sets for sale at any given time in the For Sale section.

RAMAIR1 said:
First thing you could try are aluminum drums, if you don't already have them. They push the wheel out a little bit further. There are usually a few sets for sale at any given time in the For Sale section.

Would you happen to know if it is a 1/4" or more?

I believe it is exactly 1/4" Someone else might know better than me. I've seen as wide as 295/50-15's on the rear with no or very little rubbing.

RAMAIR1 said:
I believe it is exactly 1/4" Someone else might know better than me. I've seen as wide as 295/50-15's on the rear with no or very little rubbing.

I greatly appreciate the help! Thanks!

Back