You can type here any text you want

86 Gn Stock Speakers/ Radio System

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rmc123

I just got a 20K mile 86 gn and I think the speakers are shot doesnt sound good and the drivers side dash speaker buzzes. The only thing thats been altered on this car that I know of is it has had the headliner replaced so I want to do it right. Can I get speakers for it and how hard is it to get to the ones in the dash? Thanks Rick

The dash speakers are very easy to get out. All you have to do is take the dash plate off. This is very easy. Just make sure you have a magnetic screwdriver so the screws don't fall into the defogger vents. Then you need a stubby for the ends. For the speakers you need to get a screwdriver that looks has an allen wrench shape. This is a five min. job. The problem is getting speakers that don't have a grate on top. I got Pioneers for my dash. They are 3 1/2 inch like the factories. They do have the grate though. This makes the dash plate not seat properly. To do it properly you need to take the dash apart and install them from the bottom, and then you can get a flush dash plate. The Pioneers also plug right in. The rears are the easiest to install. I would go with 6x9's from crutchfield because you get the 6x9 brackets and wires for free. These were the easiest to install. The ones in the door, you have to be careful when taking the door panels off.

Back