You can type here any text you want

86 grand national for sale/trade. $12000

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

maddually

Hi I have an 86 GN for sale. It has a clear title, located in northeast LA. The car has a ton of mods with all less then 500 miles on them but I have been unable to make it run right. All of the parts were purchased from cottons. According to jack cotton, the parts combo should be making mid to high tens in quarter mile. The engine was just rebuilt around Oct. and hasn't been driven 100 miles since then. It has stock crank, rods, and heads with ARP bolts, it was bored 30 over with new forged pistons. Here's a list of the parts installed, ill try not to leave anything out.

turbonetics 61 mm ballbearing turbo
precision frount mount intercooler
custom cold air kit with k&n from cottons
60 lb injectors
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
255 walbro fuel pump with hot wire kit
scanmaster
fully built 2004r from cottons

All parts were recommended by and bought from cottons. The car does need body work, it has some rust on the doors but I have two more that will go with the car. The reason im selling is I can't get it to run right im im tired of fooling with it. It just needs someone who knows these cars to get it right. Im also interested in trades so if interested let me know what you have, I tried to cover everything feel free to ask any questions. Thanks
Ill get more pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1299650534617.jpg
    1299650534617.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 889
  • 1299650709407.jpg
    1299650709407.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 881
  • 1299650390716.jpg
    1299650390716.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 887
It also has a turbo tweak chip tuned by cottons and a 3200 stall. I have about$ 7000 in parts on the car.

Some pics will get more

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 854
  • l-1.jpg
    l-1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 847
  • l-2.jpg
    l-2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 845
  • l-3.jpg
    l-3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 843
  • l-4.jpg
    l-4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 848
glad to see you made your way over here from LS1Tech. I can't wait to see what kind of responses this car gets over here... : popcorn :

Keep it clean guys, if your not interested please dont post.

Do you still have those torque thrust wheels? And..........are they for sale if you do?

After spending all that money, I'd be dissapponted as well. Where's that vendors tech support? Have you asked? I'd like to see this car running right to justify the money spent. Somebody help the man out instead of just taking a seat to watch him fail. This is a community. And yes, I'm looking to buy another turbo car just in case.

OK I'll Help, And Im not being funny here. If you really need the money, you should try posting in the parts for sale section, all of the performance parts you bought for $7000 to recoup some if not all of your money. Then part out the rest of the car to try and hit the $12000 mark. The car in the condition your describing and showing in your pics which needs a lot of body work and is not running right will never see 12k. Having been around these cars for the past 12 years, thats your best shot of making any money back. You already have interest in the wheels, take advantage! Especially since most of the parts are new. Unfortunately in this market Very nice, well running cars are having a hard time getting 12k. Hope this helps.

OK I'll Help, And Im not being funny here. If you really need the money, you should try posting in the parts for sale section, all of the performance parts you bought for $7000 to recoup some if not all of your money. Then part out the rest of the car to try and hit the $12000 mark. The car in the condition your describing and showing in your pics which needs a lot of body work and is not running right will never see 12k. Having been around these cars for the past 12 years, thats your best shot of making any money back. You already have interest in the wheels, take advantage! Especially since most of the parts are new. Unfortunately in this market Very nice, well running cars are having a hard time getting 12k. Hope this helps.

Thats how you do it, great advice!

After spending all that money, I'd be dissapponted as well. Where's that vendors tech support? Have you asked? I'd like to see this car running right to justify the money spent. Somebody help the man out instead of just taking a seat to watch him fail. This is a community. And yes, I'm looking to buy another turbo car just in case.

I tried to help this guy out on LS1Tech (as did another member as well) where he originally posted the car. I told him that it is worth NOWHERE near $12k as it sits, and he didn't believe me. I wasn't trying to insult him, but rather just help him not waste his time having the car as a sitting duck, because I knew he wouldn't get close to his asking price. He proceeded with the argument that "Cotton built this car and I spent $XXXX.xx money on it and it runs _____ in the 1/4 mile and is worth _____ amount blah blah blah" rather than listening to advice given by someone who has a better idea of the car and its value than he does. Then the other member and myself suggested he post here to get honest feedback...

Yeah, they are all right on the money. You wont get near $12k for the car as it sits. If you want the money you will need to part it out. I figure parting it out will get you close to $12K, maybe. As it sits i would have a hard time paying $7K for it. If you need to sell it as is, i would post it at $8k and take best offer from there. Just trying to help.

The experts have spoken Maddually. I sold my GN with a blown transmission and lost a couple of grand. The new proud owner replaced it for under $600 and now it runs like a top. Time slips are must if any claims are to be made. I'd Try to help you some more if possible but gotta have two way communication here. Good Luck man!

This is the last time all year I am going to say this, if you are not interested in purchasing a car in the "Cars for Sale Forum" on TB.COM or have nothing positive to say about a car for sale here then DO NOT POST.

I could care less if a guy is asking $1,000,000 for a car that has been set on fire, then dumped in the ocean, removed from said ocean, and sprayed with rattle can black.

It is his car..... period.

From here on out if you have nothing positive to say or wish to purchase a car please do not post.

If you do post and I don't like it your gonna get points, a vacation or both.

If you don't like it talk to SGRIM.

Ty

Back