87 Black -Type For Sale

VIN is kind of useless to determine exact model.

All it will really tell you is year, and if it is a VIN 7 (Turbo)

It looks like a WE4.
But without the SPID label - can't really be sure.
Has all the makings of a WE4.

Riddle me this:
Driver's power seat? - WE4 should be no - Nevermid - I see in pic - No power driver's seat
Alum bumper braces/ supports?- WE4 should be no
(although - not sure about Canada / Export as alot of Canada car had alum std)
Rear spoiler? - Alot of WE4 owners installed them - but stock should be = no

Are you saying that the WE4 was not available with power seat?? I do not believe that to be the case...but I have been wrong before

Bryan

Are you saying that the WE4 was not available with power seat?? I do not believe that to be the case...but I have been wrong before

Bryan

You are very wrong my dour friend, :D
The WE4's did not come with Power Driver's Seat.
It was one of those oddities.
Some said it was for weight saving, some say weight savings for CAFE regs.
I dunno.
But nada on the pain-in-the-a$$ power seat option.
Besides - we all know it will be missing the joystick button, and the coupler is on it's last thread or molecule of plastic - so - so much the better..

However, the power connector is usually still under the carpet.
So - it doesn't take much if you are so inclined.
I am - since I have one - and Bweavy was talking in his low, barely audible voice - telling me about which seat tracks I have to change - but I haven't gotten around to it.

So the WE4's that I have seen for sale with power drivers seat were not factory?

Bryan

So the WE4's that I have seen for sale with power drivers seat were not factory?

Bryan

Well - I stand by my statement.
But as always - ya know - is there anything consistent about these cars?
And in a second - I will post the original order form - but there was even this weird element of "Driver's Power Seat Delete" on the (some) order form.
But then - Look here -> http://www.buickwe4.com/we4carorderguide.pdf
And on then on the second page - you see where you could order RPO WG1
But I don't think it is true.......

It was to make our WE4's faster than yous guyses GN's! :D

Bryan

Nest time you see one - check out the SPID label and see if there is a RPO WG1 or really AC3
Then take a picture of it - and I shall have my slice of humble pie with a cup of nice steaming skunk milk to wash it down. :D

Sorry OP for the brief hijack.
We know return you to our regularly scheduled program of trying to sell your car

We4's had aluminum bumper supports I know I have 2 of them in my garage 1 I got from the original owner with60,000 miles and never messed with. I was suppose to buy a 3rd a few years ago and it also had aluminum bumper supports.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

We4's had aluminum bumper supports I know I have 2 of them in my garage 1 I got from the original owner with60,000 miles and never messed with. I was suppose to buy a 3rd a few years ago and it also had aluminum bumper supports.

Yep - that much is consistent.
RPO Codes VD 6 & VD7

A lot of folks try to get confused about the aluminum bumper reinforcements and Alum Vector wheels, and try to say they came with Aluminum drums; which is not true, if they have a G80 Posi rear - still steel drums

Attachments

• WE4 SPID - 234.jpg
    WE4 SPID - 234.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 26
From my understanding the g80 posi in the we4 only came with a wheel cylinder brace
To help with more positive stoping and building boost at the line

Like this

Attachments

• 1385579162360.jpg
    1385579162360.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 63
Off subject but did we2 have aluminum drums!!

Off subject but did we2 have aluminum drums!!

G80 rears did not they had steel
Drums. We4
Aluminum drums are great for weight saving. But if u launch your car with sticky's on foot brake in high boost
They will one day explode.

The reason I ask is mine we2 was ordered with aluminium drums its on my trunk sticker with a g80

My 86gn had all aluminum options bumper supports
Drums
Also it was a light weight
No power at all
Am radio. No defrost

That car was so fast dam I miss it

The reason I ask is mine we2 was ordered with aluminium drums its on my trunk sticker with a g80

RPO J42 is on the SPID label - along with RPO G80?