’87 Buick Turbo T Hardtop

Mark

SOLD
’87 Buick Turbo T hardtop

The car looks and runs great. Roughly 110k miles. With the exception of valve springs and the Power Plate, the long block is unopened. Price is firm and is with the stock wheels. Other wheel options are negotiable.

Options

Pics

•Vacuum brake conversion with rebuild master/booster and TA vacuum block 5/16/2015

•RJC Power Plate

•Translator+ timing/fuel tuning

•Extender chip for Translator+ with 23/21 degree base timing

•LS1 MAF

•Walbro pump 7/2/13

•7" fan on transmission cooler 9/6/13

•42.5 lb. (009) flow matched injectors

•Kirban valve springs

•New high voltage coil pack

•Ramchargers dual radiator fans w/harness

•SMC dual nozzle alcohol injection system

•2 level boost solenoid w/dash switch - probably 16 psi and 23 psi

•Dawes boost controller for “high” boost setting

•BRF trans rebuilt 4/27/2013 with PTS pressure regulator, billet anchor pin, ALTO wide band and clutches, Sonnax Super Servo, etc.

•Dash mounted converter lockup switch

•Transmission cooler

•ATR 2 ½” dual stainless steel exhaust w/ chrome tips

•New Dynomax VT mufflers - NO DRONE!

•New 3” TH-style stainless downpipe with test pipe

•Control arm bushing heat shield on downpipe

•Huge K&N cold air

•Billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator

•160-degree thermostat

•Engine tie-down strap

•Knock gauge

•25 psi boost gauge

•Dual gauge pillar pod

•Air/fuel gauge

•Coolant temperature gauge

•Dual gauge console pod

•Hot-wired Holley fuel pump

•Heavy-duty rear springs

•Bilstein shocks all around

•Grand Prix fender braces

•Custom rear seat braces
  • Stock T-Type wheels w/ Goodyear GT+4 tires
•Fuel pump and crank sensor interrupt security devices (2)

•6x9 rear speakers with adapters
  • New passenger window motor
  • New window-to-door moldings
  • Recent paint
  • Cold A/C
  • Recent water pump
•Recent radiator

•Recent ignition module

•Recent headliner

•New right upper control arm bushings

•Recent front-end alignment

•New fiberglas front bumper fillers, rears are excellent

• New screw covers on the door pulls.
  • Power windows, power locks, tilt, cruise, delay wipers, rear defogger, am/fm cassette, concert sound, power antenna, power trunk release, trunk kit, posi, body side moldings, Aluminum bumper braces
•Everything works but the power antenna is stuck in the up position and the tape player likes to hold on to cassettes. Drips some oil.

•The interior is in great shape with the exception of some flaking of “chrome” on the stalks and door pulls. The plastic around the driver door pull is cracked. The ring around the horn button has a crack. I just had to make a repair to the driver's seat after the vacuum brake install :(

•The cluster in the car shows about 65k miles. I have the original cluster with 87k miles that I replaced because the trip odometer didn’t work. The replacement had about 42k on it at the time of the swap. I can provide documentation with exact mileages.

Also available - pics on request

• Limit TE-61 turbo (~3000 miles) $450
  • Dutwieller front mount intercooler with integral blowoff valve $350
  • 80 lb Siemens injectors - new 7/2/13 - maybe 200 miles on these $240
  • Extender chip for 80lb injectors $95
  • PTS 9/11 3000-3200 stall converter - needs a rebuild - I would send it to a shop and have them ship it to you, payment pending successful rebuild
  • ATR rear sway bar - big and ugly just like they came new - most of the hardware - I think one bolt broke on removal$200
  • Metco driveshaft safety loop - bolts in to existing location$20
  • F41 jounce bars (frame braces) with hardware$30
  • 1LE Camaro front sway bar with mounts and bushings$40
  • Power Master - I thought it had an internal master cylinder leak, but it may be fine, in any case a working accumulator/motor/switch - I think Kirban's offering $100 for these
  • Custom one-off wheel-centric/hub-centric billet wheel adapters The adapters let you run a 9" wheel from a 3rd Gen RX-7/ 300ZX/ Supra/ Infiniti/ Lexus/Mustang, etc. (with the hub-centric ring from an RX-7) $100 with wheel purchase
  • 18x9 MB VR5 wheels (for use with above adapters) with EC Michelin Pilot Sport tires $250 for the wheels and $500 for the Pilot Sports as I have use of them
  • pics above
  • 17x9 Fittipaldi Tubolare wheels in excellent condition (for use with above adapters) with 245/45-17 & 275/40-17 Kuhmo tires in fair condition. $250 wheels and tires

Prices are plus shipping

Last edited:
Do you have pictures of the car with the stock wheels? Is there any rust issues? How is the exterior trim around all the glass? What was the reason for removing some of the performance parts?

Do you have pictures of the car with the stock wheels? Is there any rust issues? How is the exterior trim around all the glass? What was the reason for removing some of the performance parts?

I don't currently have pics with the stock wheels. The wheels in the pics are still on the car. I'll try to swap them out this week. They're the stock T wheels and centers in pretty good shape. The tires were on the car when I purchased it 14 year ago so they're old. They look good though.

There's no visible rust on the car now. The car was painted in 2006 but hasn't been driven much since. Prior to the last paint the car received new rockers and lower quarters so there's some history of rust but nothing now.

The 9/11 converter started having problems and I went back to the stock converter... which led to the stock turbo... and then everything else.

You can have the car with the 17" Fittipaldi wheels and spacers instead of the stock wheels. Same deal with the 18" MB wheels, but no tires with those unless you want to pay extra for them.

I am somewhat confused about the trouble with the torque converter and which turbo it currently has on it