You can type here any text you want

87 drivetrain in my 85 gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

g1985n

im posting fast so exuse any error ive been looking for an 86 or 87 gn motor final found one. the guys wanting $5000 complete drivetrain 2004r tranny and intercooled 3.8 complete with computer to intercooler, turbo ect.. stock! What do you guys think?over kill on the price? i personally think the price is high. the man says 20000 miles on the motor. ill post pics soon. if you have a motor for sale please let me know! im still looking has to be complete with everything. Thanks FIRST POST! on break at work hehe

I'm not an expert but it sounds s little high to me. I've seen some guys selling engines complete from $2000-$2500 if I recall. Also, what the back story on the setup? Why did the guy pull the setup with only 20,000 miles? Just wondering. Good luck.

I'm not an expert but it sounds s little high to me. I've seen some guys selling engines complete from $2000-$2500 if I recall. Also, what the back story on the setup? Why did the guy pull the setup with only 20,000 miles? Just wondering. Good luck.
The guy says the car hit a phone poll. He sold the body kept the drive train and the rear end.

For that much money I'd try and find a totaled car (and pay less). Doing a sway with an entire car will help avoid all the little 'nickles and dimes' the pop up plus you can end up with spares and stuff to sell.

Good point - if you have the room, get the entire car once the price and conditions are right.

I agree - the price is high considering what I've seen.

Welcome to the forum.

Back