You can type here any text you want

87 ecm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

84wh1

pimp romeo
I got no responces in the ECM are so I will ask it here.
I have a few questions regarding a conversion to an 87 ECM in my 84 t-tye. First off, can I get the ECM at a GM dealer?, how much $ is it?, how do I make the switch?, can I expect any performance out of it? Thank you for your help.

I got my 87 ecm for the parts for sale on here for 40-50.00. Going to change mine this weekend.got to get the 87MAF and MAT sensor.

good luck

Hi Marc

can I expect any performance out of it

I don't know much about the conversion except I'm pretty sure the main reason you'd want to do it would be for more data with a scantool. The 84/85 ecm gives up pretty much nothing in road mode (but still enough to tune! -- knock retard and O2). I tried my turbolink on an 87 and got a crapload of info.

The other reason would be so you can use all the same fancy chips the 86/87 guys use... like Thrasher.

But as far as performance simply from switching over, I'd say you won't get any. But it's definitely a mod that would open up your options & possibilities.

how much $ is it?

I think you can get the ecm from a junkyard. Ask Craig on this one, but I think he told me the 87 GN ecm is the same in some other GM car.

Dave

Back