You can type here any text you want

87 GN, 2nd owner, $10,500

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Need a car to go racing or cruise in now that the snow has melted?

I've been daily driving this car since 2007 as the second owner, all documented original FL car. Has TTops with new weatherstripping and all new metal and SS hardware. 140K on the clock, KDK engine, fresh tranny build, basic stock recipe car, almost TSA class legal. 13.0's on pump gas. Link at the bottom for detailed description of everything I've done to the car. You can drive this car across the country, no problem.

Cash only, no trades, thanks.

I need other toys, so the GN can go to a new home.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

The reason I'm selling is my wallet is afraid I'll send it to Don Cruz to have another 250 inch stroker built...

Description:

Factory options:
PW, PL, Cruise, Tilt, Cassette, Rear Defrost, A/C, Power driver seat, Concert surround speakers, T-Tops.

Miles- 140K on the odometer. Engine has 38K since the rebuild by KDK in Orlando, FL. Trans has only a couple thousand miles on it since its last rebuild by a guy locally that build 200's in GN's that are going low 10's with transbrakes at 133 mph in the 1/4 mile. I am the second owner, and have all documentation back to 1988. Car lived in Orlando, FL most of its life. The engine, transmission, rearend were rebuilt at 100,000 miles. I recently pulled the transmission again for overhaul by Mike Demarco in Ft Myers in 2010 since it was slipping a little on the 2-3 shift. I also had the D5 cut open and put back together as stock. It barks 1-2 hard and each shift is perfect. The paint was done almost 10 yrs ago so I had my paint guy respray the hood and deck lid. The engine was rebuilt to exact stock specs, except it has TRW forged pistons (a must-have on a turbocharged car). The A/C was charged this summer 2010, as it has been converted to 134a and blows very cold. I run Zddp to bring the zinc levels up to where they should be in oil for a flat tappet car. I cleaned the intercooler out for the spring cleaning. The stock turbo is capped off and a breather is in the passenger valve cover. I have a 9 inch K&N cone filter if you want that instead of the stock airbox, you get one or the other. Zddp at every oil change, will include a couple bottles with sale.

Upgrades I have done since 2007:
Performance trans rebuild, cleaned D5, new transmission mount, Type F fluid. $1700
Kirbans 3 inch SS stock elbow downpipe with 3 inch test pipe, sealed with muffler sealer as directed. $200
60#/hr injectors. $350
Jay Carter street chip, 16* timing, TT 98 race gas chip 21*
New GBody Parts custom aluminum Radiator with factory oil cooler lines attached. $500
New trans cooler lines and fittings. $10
New powermaster, front rotors and pads. The brakes are the best I have ever felt on any GN/T with a powermaster. $1200
Set of 235/60 Firestone Indy 500 tires. $500
Four new Monroe shocks, the rears are adjustable with air fitting below bumper to raise or lower the car. $400
Cut out the ttop metal and fixed all the classic rust spots, new SS trim and installed all new GM weatherstripping. $1800
New weather stripping for the window sweeps. $120
New passenger side power window motor (NAPA brand). $30
The battery is a new Durlast put in this summer 2010. $105
New silverstar low beam headlights for improved visibility.
New trunk carpet from GBodyParts.com and T-Top bags
Changed the rear end oil to Valvoline 75-90W and GM limited slip additive.
Jax seat cover reupholstered front seats. $400
New G body parts upper door panels. $200
A/C charged, new fan relay, new blower motor. $100
New wastegate to turbo Y lines. $5
Autometer Tach and VDO boost/vac gauge on GNS bracket. $100
Reupholstered sun visors. $80
Reproduction plastic horn trim ring. $50
RJC Boost controller. $20
PCV oil catch can. $20
Reupholstered rear arm rest inserts have yet to be installed- they come with the car. $50
Eclipse CD player w/usb to 4 channel Rockford Fosgate amp, Boston Acoustic 5.25 rally separates in the doors and Bose 3.5 inch in the dash from a C5 Corvette, single JL 10" sub in the trunk in a small sealed box. Factory wires were not cut and I have the factory radio/cassette too. I can put the factory radio and speakers in if you prefer.
Rear cover was replaced from the one pictures from my other car which is clean and has a magnet stuck to it to grab any particles from normal wear.

I have been around GN/T's since 1994 as friends had them and have had my own 87 Turbo T since 2000. I know these cars inside and out. This is a nice driver's car. I took the family for a drive across the state in this car and would not hesitate to drive it across the country.

Update 11-20-2010
I just drove it 1000 miles in one weekend to Reynolds, Ga for the Southern Buick Shootout 2010 in the THS class for 4 passes that weekend. Best run of 13.006. A worryfree weekend. Just got there and unloaded the car, verified FP at 43psi static, checked the fluids and made a couple runs down the track. Engine coolant ran 155-160F on the interstate and got 20.2 MPG for the whole trip including the fuel used for track time and running about 4,400 lbs loaded on the highway.

Update 11-27-2010
Installed RJC boost controller to test it out. Also put in stock GM up pipe hoses and clamps.

Update 5-1-2011
Resprayed hood and decklid, blocked, wet sanded, buffed, also new Kirban reproduction 3.8 emblems on hood.

You can see above it pulls 18 inches vacuum just started up with the A/C on at 1000 rpm. Once it idles down it pulls 20+, if decel on the interstate it can hit 30 inches. The only things wrong with the car is the door sweeps rotted out and rain got in the doors at one point. The doors need some rust repair on the seam and one eraser sized bubble, my paint guy said he could fix it pretty easily, probably no more than a grand to fix. The factory radio antenna doesn't go up. Everything else is in tip top shape and it runs strong! Less wind noise than my hard top T! Comes with original mini spare, jack, mounting brackets and tire iron.

Looks like a good value for the money. Wish it was closer, I know a few people that would be interested.:smile: GLWS.

Looks like a good value for the money. Wish it was closer, I know a few people that would be interested.:smile: GLWS.

Thanks, I drive it everyday, in fact just made a run to dunkin donuts right now for coffee. A/C blowing cold, had to turn A/C off. I bought it because it had forged TRW's, XP pump, and adj FP regulator so I knew it had the right mods to start with and not gimmicks like KB ram air.

Comes with all my 60# inj chips since I upgraded my other car to 80# injectors
JayC 16* street 93
JayC 25* 27psi+ boost 116 octane race
TT 98 octane 20-22psi 21* semi race chip

Also comes prewired for Valentine 1 radar detector.

I forgot- Last year it also has a new turbo/uppipe copper triangle gasket and new drain gasket. I pulled the stock turbo to test my TE44 I had sitting here, and it was too laggy with the D5, so I put the stock turbo back on with a new copper gasket and new turbo drain gasket. Since I had to loosen the intercooler, I just pulled it on out to shoot a can of brake cleaner to clean out any oil from the intercooler.

It's still sitting in my garage. I don't have a kitchen pass this weekend to take it to the TB Nats, but I might take it for a couple hours to Bradenton tomorrow for TnT to run it down the 1/4 on 110 gas, 22+ degrees, 22-25psi boost, slicks from my other TR and see what happens...

Edit - nevermind, has a full tank of 93 in it. I'll just have to go run some low 13's instead just for fun.

Back