You can type here any text you want

87 GN Hardtop- 9 sec capable-FS or Trade

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

souljasmooth

Up for sale is my 87 GN Hardtop with 67K original miles. If tuned this car should be able to run an easy 9 sec. qtr mile. It is currently set up to run 93 octane and alky on 22lbs of boost. It should be tuned for 116 octane and at 30lbs of boost. I bought this car off another forum member a few months ago, and it is just too much car for me. I didnt really know what I was getting into, as my last GN ran high 11's low 12's. There is a big difference in a 9 sec car to a 11 sec car on how it feels. I am looking for something that is a little more streetable that is comfortable. It is going to need a cage, if one were to drag race this car. It currently has Weld wheels, and drag slicks in the rear. The only thing this car needs is a new paint job. The paint is mostly original, and is definitly a 15 footer. Interior is in excellent condition, no rips or tears anywhere. I would say a solid 8/10. Radio/AC delete. No real rust issues at all. I am asking $15,000. I am open to trades for a stock lower mileage GN(some mods okay), or anything else interesting. Car is located in Oregon 97330. Pics will be posted in the next couple of days when it stops raining.

Fresh posi
brand new Moser C-clip axles
RJC girdled 109
+.020 Diamond pistons
K1 rods
Cat crank
RJC alum pulleys
T/A heads
Champion intake
plenum and fuel rails
1.55 TA rockers
70mm Accufab
214/214-.548/.548 Comp hyd roller
Comp 26120 beehives
70GTQ
83lb injectors
Aeromotive A1000 pump
MagnaFuel regulator
15gal aluminum cell
Razors Alky kit
NOS 100hp nitrous system
GN1 FMIC
Powerlogger
Hi torque mini starter
LS1 MAF & translator
TurboTweak 6.0 chip
Powerlogger
LM-1 Wideband O2
3" THDP
ATR Pitbull exhaust
TH400 w/brake
9.5" PTC
Dynotech 3.5" alum driveshaft
battery relocated to trunk
fuel cell in trunk

Im sure there is a whole lot more.......

Again this car is ready to go, and needs nothing but a paint job.

Pics will come in a couple of days.

Was this car purchased earlier this year from a guy in PA?

If so - hell of car you're seling and lots of money tied up in the parts.

Good luck with the sale,

Bill

Was this car purchased earlier this year from a guy in PA?

If so - hell of car you're seling and lots of money tied up in the parts.

Good luck with the sale,

Bill

Yes this was purchased from a guy in PA. And yes this is one hell of a car. Thanks!!

Weather wasnt too bad today, so I was able to pull the car out and take some photos. Here is the first set

Attachments

• NewGN1.jpg
    NewGN1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 5,675
  • NewGN2.jpg
    NewGN2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 5,668
  • NewGN3.jpg
    NewGN3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 5,670
  • NewGN4.jpg
    NewGN4.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 5,665
  • NewGN5.jpg
    NewGN5.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 5,659
Starting to sprinkle a little, so I didnt take that many photos. Here is the second set

Attachments

• NewGN6.jpg
    NewGN6.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 5,648
  • NewGN7.JPG
    NewGN7.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 5,645
  • NewGN8.JPG
    NewGN8.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 5,637
  • NewGN9.JPG
    NewGN9.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 5,630
  • NewGN10.jpg
    NewGN10.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 5,620
Last ones......If anyone needs any specific photos just let me know. I think it is suppose to be cloudy tomorrow with a chance of rain, so I may be able to take some more photos after I get off of work.

Attachments

• NewGN11.JPG
    NewGN11.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 5,610
  • NewGN12.JPG
    NewGN12.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 5,600
  • NewGN13.JPG
    NewGN13.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 5,595
have you done anything to it since you've owned it? i know the previous owner was selling it for $12,000. $15,000 is still a good deal though.

have you done anything to it since you've owned it? i know the previous owner was selling it for $12,000. $15,000 is still a good deal though.
I got a great deal on the car. However I did have to pay for door to door shipping, which wasnt cheap $1300. And yes I did a lot of interior work since I got the car. New headliner, trim pieces, center console, steering wheel, door panels $900. The car was kind of loud, so I put about $1200 in sound proofing the car. It only added about 7-9lbs. The interior wasnt that bad when I got it, I just wanted it better because I am picky. I bought this car because it was pretty much turn key. I did what I did to it to make it a better weekend driver. I didnt touch the motor, because it needs absolutely nothing.

Anyone seriously interested? Ive had lots of emails but it seems like people want to trade straight across for cars that are worth half of mine. I am open to trades, but please include in your emails what you want for them.

And to answer the one question I keep on getting is, Yes all this car needs is paint

That is a great deal for $15,000....if i didnt already have so much money dumped into mine,i would scoop this up in a heartbeat...cant build it for that kinda $$$$$

FREE SHIPPING TO ANY TERMINAL ANYWHERE IN THE US AT MY ASKING PRICE. I need to sell this car by the 20th of this month. If it is not sold by then, it will be off the market.

Back