You can type here any text you want

87 GN Or 98 Cobra?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

randyp83

I have had three Gt's and the last on was a 98 which was supercharged. The hp was 312 to the wheels and 352tq to the wheels. Lets just say i was very disapointed with those numbers after the mods that were done with the car. So i have a chance to get a 98 Cobra while i'm over here in Germany or should i wait and Try to get a GN. By the time i can get a Gn it wil be a few years and that makes me worry because the new Fast and Furious movie will be out and then the ricers will accutally know about the Gn and the prices which are high now might even be higher! So what should i do guys?

Thanks, Randy

You KNOW the answer to your question!:biggrin:

I'm new to the board and have always been a Stang fanatic.

I've had two Saleens and many other Mustangs not to mention the other cars but, have never had the pleasure of owning a GN.

I'd say hold out for a GN. One day I plan on owning one. Hope you have the privilege as well.

James

hold out for an 03/04 Cobra :cool:

I agree. If it was a newer Cobra with the better looking body I'd say screw the GN and go for it, but not for a 98.

2003_Cobra_1_1.JPG

YouTube - Snake Bite 2 Video

Not the 98. And the GN's are getting old. If you can tinker then I would wait for a buick. Other wise I would say get something newer. I do like the 03/04 cobra but its also pricey. I would never give up my GN for another car. Its like family to me.

Theres a ton of hopped up factory supercharged cobras here.

Intake, full exhaust, ported blower and pulley, dyno tune and DR or slicks..it will be sick fast. not sure on years but the later ones have a better IC system and dont heat soak as bad something about the return line or something.Sure someone will chime in

Me personally every dang Ford I have ever had had electrical problems ..this is from the 70's to the 90's models and never again for me.

I think Cobras are pretty common and you can always find one for a fair price. They are very easy and fairly cheap to make very quick. My friend, Danny, at Swanson Performance works on mostly Mustangs and Lightning trucks and he can get them going super quick for little money, run consistent, and pass smog requirements.

On the other hand, Turbo Buicks are always a treat to see on the street. They are fairly easy to make quick, but not as cheap as the Mustangs. They will keep appreciating in price, but in the long run, may cost you more money. They are becoming more rare, so if you've ever wanted one, you better snatch one up as soon as you can.

It really comes down to what you really want and what you want to do with the vehicle. Also, it depends on your budget and whether you plan on keep the vehicle for long-term.

Whatever you decide on, good luck. They're both nice vehicles.

Not the 98. And the GN's are getting old. If you can tinker then I would wait for a buick. Other wise I would say get something newer. I do like the 03/04 cobra but its also pricey. I would never give up my GN for another car. Its like family to me.
You might see my old stang in J-ville it is green with a gold stripe on the hood. I'm orginally from Maysville.

I personally traded a 97 Cobra to get an 87 GN and have not 1 regret. My 97 was absolutely mint, however, compared to the GN there's no comparison. 97/98 Cobras are 305hp Modular engines, and they have no low end torque. But in the mid-range and upper rpm range the car will fly on the highway. You have to change out the gear if you want to really feel the power in the lower gears.

I also owned an 03 Cobra, and I got to say, I miss that one. It was fun, extremely powerful car, with a killer Stereo sound system and it was stock. The only thing was it lacks originality in many respects. It's not a car that is going to get much attention anywhere typically unless it's another mustang buff.

GN's are so much more of a novelty car, and people from many different age groups love'm.

The 03 Cobras are a lot of fun to drive, but for some reason my insurance on that car was very expensive when compared with my GN.

My friend at work just bought a 04 Cobra with that mistachrome paint has 12,000 miles and he paid 25,000 for it. I am a gm guy but that car is nice. If I was going to buy one it would have to be an 05 saleen .That car looks awesome.Have to get the resto done on the buick first:biggrin: .

MY bud just bought a new Shelby GT500 and added a cold air kit, pulley and dyno tune and the car is over 510 on the ground...YIKES!!!

Everything else is stock. I know its not a Cobra but a different shade of cobra.....man thats some power.

The car was so rich bone stock that it was off the scale on the sniffer.

Stick with GM. Mustang is a cookie cutter car.... JMO

Back