87 Grand National - TX

TurboBrett

Mr. Bump
2.jpg

1987 Buick Grand National for **SOLD**

Runs and drives well, cold A/C, fast, user-tunable, super clean, gets tons of looks and comments
Located in Cedar Park/Austin, TX

I have had this car for 13 years and bought it because I wanted a fast, tunable car. I used it as my daily driver for about a year back in 2001. It has been a garaged weekend warrior since then. I’ve never raced it at the track.

It has 76,7xx original miles, has never been wrecked, and has a clean title. Since it’s been in the garage for most of its life, it is free of rust inside and out. I hate to give it up, but I need the money for a big project. If you want a car that is enjoyable to drive, highly tunable, and turns heads, this is the car for you.

Engine
·The engine is largely stock and is pretty clean
·The heads were just rebuilt (to stock spec) along with the addition of a new 212/212 comp cam, timing chain, water pump, valve covers, and LT1 high-amp alternator
·The Turbo is a T61-1 with heavy duty bushings built by MajesticTurbo in Waco, Texas. It spools quickly with the 3200rpm torque convertor.
·Has a Translator Gen II that allows you to run a larger scale mass airflow sensor; a 3.5” LS1 MAF sensor giving the car user tune-ability over timing and +/- fuel based on RPM, and many other tweaks
·It can used to maintain a specific air/fuel ratio with the addition of a wideband O2 sensor. This will work well with E-85, alcohol, or race gas.

Transmission
·The transmission has 2000 miles on it after a rebuild with hardened parts by a reputable transmission builder
·The 3200rpm torque convertor was rebuilt by Art Carr and is one of his sought after 16930 units

Suspension
·The suspension is mostly stock with lowering spindles in front and aftermarket springs in the rear
·Front and rear brake pads and rotors were just replaced

Fuel
·Recently replaced fuel tank
·Upgraded Racetronix G7 340LPH fuel pump w/hotwire kit
·Accufab billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
·Lucas 42.5lb “009” injectors

Exhaust
·The aftermarket 3” downpipe (w/ cutout) is wrapped with DEI titanium wrap
·The exhaust is dual 3” Flowmasters, making the car sound intimidating

Interior
·Original interior and in great shape
·The interior has not been modified despite the addition of gauges; they all mount to existing body screws/holes
·The dash is in great shape with no cracks or fading
·The top speaker grills show some wear, but isn’t too bad
·Aftermarket gauges include AutoMeter Phantom series Temp, mechanical oil pressure, boost, and a large tach
·Accurate HKS boost controller and turbo timer on the dash within easy reach

Body
·Body is straight
·Typical wear/tear door and hood dings; all should be paintless repairable
·Paint is the original black lacquer and looks great for its age
·Rubbed through on some raised edges in a few spots from compounding
·New bumper fillers

Wheels
·The wheels are 17x8, light but strong, and made by weld
·The tires are new Kumho Exta SPT’s, 255/45/17 rear and 245/45/17 front

Needed fixes and tweaks
·Single small tear on the driver’s seat; about 1.5 inches long
·Has small oil leak; one drop every couple of days that may be from the passenger valve cover area
·Needs new shocks
·Minor speedometer bouncing
·Car accelerates well, but could be smoother at cruising speeds. Should clean or replace injectors.
·Trip odometer doesn’t work
·Headliner; sags a little in spots. Have replacement material if you want to DIY.
·Wiper sprayer lever doesn’t work, but the sprayer motor does. Have replacement lever if you want to DIY.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg