87 Limited T Black / Tan Leather

Opinions are like a$$ ho!s every body has got one. Some bigger than others. So I would say you are a big a$$ ho!e . 2nd post from 2007 till today you realy don't have a clue

I've never posted on this board before nor do I own a TR though I did have a clunker 85 a few years ago. I'm not brand loyal so I'll give you an honest opinion from an outsider looking in. I've always wanted a nice TR but I cant see paying $10k-$14k for a car from the 80's with their obvious build quality issues. I like this car but its got over 100k miles and as the owner stated the door is soft so ad about $4000. min for paint and bodywork to bring it up to par cosmetically, add in some unforeseens and I would have close to $12000. in it by the time I'm done. Now you see why its tuff to sell these cars. Also the guys that have money to spare are spending it on the more popular models: 60's Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, Challengers and I think you get the point. Plus no financing, you have to pay cash for a car like this so I hope you see my point. Like I said I don't want to step on any toes or piss in any ones Cheerios but this is my opinion. I would love to own one of these cars but in the condition I desire I'll put my money in a classic musclecar instead.

To each his own, and I understand where you're coming from...but if you think about it, yes the 80's might have been dismal times for cars, however a few are worth even owning, the turbo Buick being one of them.

Where else could you get a comfortable ride, good mpg (as long as you keep your foot out of it ;)), factory a/c, decent street manners, yet can still outperform most V8's on 2 less cylinders? Plus you can easily get a lot more power without even having to open up the engine. Try all of that with any stock muscle car from the 60's. Not going to happen.

Not to mention those muscle cars are notorious for rust in places like the lower quarters, rockers, around the window, etc. Body work = $$$. Some of them (Dodge/Plymouth) are downright Expensive to restore. At best they have the looks and are less complex. By the time you finished restoring one, you probably could have bought more than 1 TR and would be enjoying them.

Sorry but if you want a nice TR you're going to have to spend some coin. You're not buying grandma's cream puff 1985 Cavalier, you're buying what is probably considered the last true muscle car, that is more technically advanced than any 60's muscle car.