'87 Show Quality Blue Turbo-T FS...

1Quik7

it makes me somewhat sad, i bought this sweetass car, but i decided it's not for me...and i'm gonna put it back up for sale.

the reason: i've had a few FD Rx7's...i have a slightly wrecked one sitting in the garage at the moment. A turbo Buick is about as opposite the end of the spectrum you could get comparing the 2 side by side...and truthfully i miss the top-end pull and the sexiness of the 7...so i've decided to go back to her.

price will be set at $14.8 FIRM! please, no trades, no lowballs, this car was bought at a more than fair price....this what i paid for the car...other than having an additional 1000mi on her and a sweet new tranny cooler, she has been untouched.

here is the original link: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/219757-show-quality-87-turbo-t.html

quick rundown of things on the car:
1987 Turbo T
.30 over "109" TRW Forged pistons, Champion ported intake,Billet roller cam,T&D's, GN1 aluminum heads w/ reciever grooves, 8.85 Hardened Pushrods, Billet caps, 70mm TB, PTE Plenum,PP, 60lb Mototrons,Razors Alky,GEN2, GTQ71, 3" extrenal DP w/ Tial wastegate, Cottons FMIC, Built trans with T Brake, 9.5 Vigilante non l/U, In tank Double Pumper, Moser 30 Spline axles, Eaton posi, Metcos, 3" single shot exhaust,S/W 6pt. w/swingouts. And other stuff........

Featured in HOTROD Magazine

Wow, I remember that sale. Beautiful car, I don't think I have the means to purchase right now, so I won't tire kick. Just wondering for everyone though, where is the car located now?

Good luck, it's a steal at that price :smile:.

...and truthfully i miss the top-end pull and the sexiness of the 7...so i've decided to go back to her.

You must be kidding about the top end pull right? You just need someone to tune that car for you and it will blow the doors of any RX7 out there. Remember, the RX7 are a dime a dozen but not a Turbo Buick.That car has low 10 sec parts .I know the car very well, it's a beautiful car. I hated to see Nick sell it, now you are selling it. Man o' man!!!!

Good luck

Prasad

you must have ridden in some slow RX7's :biggrin: and they aren't a dime a dozen, only 13,000 some odd FD's were brought to the states during '93-95 and out of those most have been wrecked, caught on fire, or sitting in junkyards...and there are only a handful of RX7's with setups similar to mine and those were trapping 140+....may have been an 11sec ET :tongue: but i'm swinging back towards a highway car.
here's a small pic of my RX7 strapped to the dyno: http://www.rx7store.net/photos/Photo26-2.jpg

oh, and i miss shifting gears dearly.

the car is now located in Columbus, Ohio.

you must have ridden in some slow RX7's :biggrin: and they aren't a dime a dozen, only 13,000 some odd FD's were brought to the states during '93-95 and out of those most have been wrecked, caught on fire, or sitting in junkyards...and there are only a handful of RX7's with setups similar to mine and those were trapping 140+....may have been an 11sec ET :tongue: but i'm swinging back towards a highway car.
here's a small pic of my RX7 strapped to the dyno: http://www.rx7store.net/photos/Photo26-2.jpg

oh, and i miss shifting gears dearly.

the car is now located in Columbus, Ohio.

Hey I understand your passion just like I have for the Buick, I guess you are right, all the rx7's that I have been around, they crawl and they don't get any respect due to the rice tag even though I like the gen III shape very much. Only the Supra gets some what respect from the street racing crowed. I remember seeing that Buick at a show about 5-6 yrs ago and all the crowed were around that car as though there were no others cars at the show. I also saw that Buick at street racing seen and nobody wanted to ask the owner to race thinking that it's a single digit stage II car. I didn't mean to come on your thread to bash the rx7, I am just trying to tell you that you are selling a one of a kind bad ass car. You will miss her when she is gone.

Somebody is going to end up with an awesome car!!!!

Good luck
Prasad

PM's sent.

for future interest.

THE CAR IS IN COLUMBUS, OHIO :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yea, what wickedv6 said. It was the thing that popped in my head. You missed the top end pull of a 6 cylinder japanese car, over a GTQ71 equipped, .30 over turbo buick??? Your RX 7 is faster?? That sure is a fast rx7 brother. I'm not flamin ya, and totally respect your decision, but ya have me stumped a little bit by that.

I know you said no trades

I have a 68 camaro very solid with some surface rust. It has a 400 hp tpi engine with a six speed trans (t56). Have receipts for all parts. Maybe some cash

Yea, what wickedv6 said. It was the thing that popped in my head. You missed the top end pull of a 6 cylinder japanese car, over a GTQ71 equipped, .30 over turbo buick??? Your RX 7 is faster?? That sure is a fast rx7 brother. I'm not flamin ya, and totally respect your decision, but ya have me stumped a little bit by that.

actually the RX7 has no cylinders...it's a 2-rotor :cool:
and yes, the Buick is fast especially down low, this old girl sure can get off the line....but once she gets moving, it's just not the same feeling as a small go-kart rice rocket...i think i miss the 5-speed more than anything though.

I have a 68 camaro very solid with some surface rust. It has a 400 hp tpi engine with a six speed trans (t56). Have receipts for all parts. Maybe some cash

nope, sorry, no trades. i'm sure it's a nice car and all....but i've got 3 cars right now, and i'm looking to only have 2.

here's a few recent pics.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 734
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 730
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 724
  • Interior1.jpg
    Interior1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 728
  • EngineRight.jpg
    EngineRight.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 723
Wow, thats some big piping in there man. Are you sure she's not fast up top? lol. Im just not seein it brother. Youre losing wot fueling, your injectors are messin up, fuel pump's goin tits up, clogged fuel filter, etc etc. Somethins going wrong here. Are you sure your combos matched right? Converter, chip, injectors, gear, cam, heads, exhaust etc etc? I know that our little LC2's are faster down low than up top, but if ones combo is on point, they usually have some a$$ up top too. I'd go back over that stuff to make sure they played well with each other.
Maybe go to a numerically lower gear, and use some other little tricks to get the turbo to spool a little quicker to make up for it out of the hole? I dont know. Ive seen some tr's designed for top end, and they were crazy.