You can type here any text you want

87 Silver T T-Top Car

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TURBOKID

The car is very very nice 44k miles New Motor ready to drive. Just checking to see if anyone would like this car. .020 over je, new crank,218 roller,roller rocker.63 turbo, pte front mount,2800 stall,champ. heads and intake. I bought this car form the first owner and still have first title for the car plus all the paper work and letters form gm to him. The car is nice just not sure how much the title is going to hurt the value. It has a story behind it, in short the motor was out of the car getting heads put on it and a hurricane came Thur and flood the shop the car was in. But the car was on the rack up in the air and did not flood the whole car. the carpet did get wet and it was replaced and car was cleaned, but they flooded the title since the motor had to be taken back apart.
What do you think it is worth?

Attachments

• IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 651
  • silver car.jpg
    silver car.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_0684small.jpg
    IMG_0684small.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_0687small.jpg
    IMG_0687small.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_0688small.jpg
    IMG_0688small.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 649
IF the car is for sale, what do you want for it?

damn that's nice. so waht does a flooded title mean?

I believe it's what is known as a marked or branded title in this area.

The title is stamped in some fashion with a warning that the car has been damaged in it's past. It's intent is to protect future buyers. I think it's a good idea but there needs to be an easily available source of information that describes the extent of the damage.

Obviously a car that was subjected to 18" of water, isn't the same as one that had 18' of water. The stamp on the title looks the same though.

The market is very soft right now on these cars. I'm guessing folks don't have disposable income like they used to. It's a buyers market, for sure.

So, with that being said, I would say the fair market value WITHOUT the bad title would be in the $11,000 to $13,000 area. Having the bad title is going to hurt it substantially. I would guesstimate at least $4,000.

If you can, hold onto it until the market goes back up. These cars HAVE to rise in value.

Looks nice, those Camaro rims look nice on it too, of course the Nova in the back ground.....;)

you guys have lost your damn mind , I have seen this car in person and believe me some of the crap you people are wanting $10-12 thousand dosent even compare to this car flooded title or not

Thank you T
Before I blow my t top at these people
All I can say is *%^$ you it's not for sale
And No! No one in there right mind will trade this for a Tahoe or a mustang.
You people trip me out
This is closed CAR IS NOT FOR SALE !
Go Blow smoke up someone elses ASS! :eek: :biggrin:

Thats a very nice car.I would say $13,000-$14,000.I could see $8000 if he was trying to sell it damaged right after the flood but everythings fix.

plain and simple

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The market has gone to hell and is in the favor of the buyer. If your trying to get top dollar, your going to be waiting a while. Even if were priced to sell, you would still wait for someone to come up with the money.

I hope something changes soon, our economy is in trouble and no one wants to admit it. My prediction, and I hope I'm wrong, we are looking at a ten year recession before things turn around. Then the other thing to worrie about is the gas. In another ten years it will be $20 a gallon.

Thank you T
Before I blow my t top at these people
All I can say is *%^$ you it's not for sale
And No! No one in there right mind will trade this for a Tahoe or a mustang.
You people trip me out
This is closed CAR IS NOT FOR SALE !
Go Blow smoke up someone elses ASS! :eek: :biggrin:

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

You post in a 'cars for sale' section and ask how much we think your 'rebuilt' titled car is worth and then get the phuck bent out of shape when we tell you that your 'rebuilt' titled car is not worth as much as a non-'rebuilt' titled car. There are several cars WITHOUT title issues in VERY similar condition to yours and they cannot get over $12,000 for them. So go blow whatever the hell you feel like blowing up your own ass. :eek: :D

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

You post in a 'cars for sale' section and ask how much we think your 'rebuilt' titled car is worth and then get the phuck bent out of shape when we tell you that your 'rebuilt' titled car is not worth as much as a non-'rebuilt' titled car. There are several cars WITHOUT title issues in VERY similar condition to yours and they cannot get over $12,000 for them. So go blow whatever the hell you feel like blowing up your own ass. :eek: :D

:)

That's a nice ride man!

I'm with you Dave, that is one nice ride. If she was here close, I would be taking a close look. Believe me I have seen cars with a perfect title that looked like it had been hit by a tornado and a flood....This car looks very nice, you can't judge it until you see it....But from where I sit...Very nice!

A car is worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it...

If someone wanted a nice car and was buying it to drive or not for resale value only this would be a super car. I have seen the car and have been seeing it for 17+years. It is one of the cleanest TR's I have ever seen... I would have never guessed it was branded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back