You can type here any text you want

87 T Central IL Needs Engine work

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbowannabe

Well as my financial situation gets worse and worse every day I have to sell the T to try to turn everything around. I bought the car early this year from the member FATRIDE on here. Drove it for a month and blew a head gasket while boosting 16 lbs on a hot day with 93 octane. Gasket blew into the lifter valley so no coolant got into the oil.
The car then sat in my driveway for like 3 1/2 months until I finally got around to fixing it sometime late last month. Drove the car for one day after fixing the head gasket and started to hear a knocking noise after only boosting 10 lbs. Immediately after hearing the knock I stopped driving the car and had intentions of pulling the motor out over the winter. I have come to realize I am broke and have no time to deal with this so the car needs to go.
Sounds to me like a main bearing has gone south. THE ENGINE ONLY KNOCKS WHEN IT IS UNDER LOAD, and I've heard a rod bearing go out before
and this is more like a low pitched noise.
Basically everything you need to know is on either of the links below along with pictures of the car. CAR HAS ABSOLUTELY NO RUST AND INTERIOR IS IN AWESOME CONDITION.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183509
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170471

-TE44 W/ .63 Precision housing
-Jimmy's Trans with Hardened Drum
-Art Car 9'' 3400rpm stall Non-LU converter
-HD rocker shafts
-Fresh 8445 Heads
-ARP head bolts
-ARP main studs
-Mease SS plenum
-Polished 58mm throttle body
-Scanmaster V2.1
-42.5lb/hr green stripe injectors
-Turbotweak chip
-ATR double pumper
-Billet fuel regulator
-10mm spark plug wires
-Mease SS 3" downpipe with dump pipe
-Cottons 3" singleshot with dynomax race muffler
-Precision turbo saver
-Auburn posi with 3.90 gears
-moser axles
-rear air bags
-Weld draglites
AND MORE!

I paid $7500 and spent even more money on getting the heads resurfaced and cleaned and I bought the Scanmaster that goes with it. The car would be great for someone to pull the engine over the winter, freshen it up and put it all back together the way you want it. I would like to get $6500 out of it. Let me know if your interested or need any more information

PLEASE EMAIL ME ABOUT THE CAR THAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CONTACT ME.

Thanks
-Dan

pics

Attachments

• 100_2606 (Medium).JPG
    100_2606 (Medium).JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 551
Interested

I Have Been Posting On T6p.
I'm Not Sure Who Is First In Line.
I Have Been Waiting On Your Reply.
Please Call Me 574-292-3382.
Thanks,
Jason

Bryan,
I am a little confused here???
I was trying to buy the car also.
Dan says it is sold.
I am not sure to whom?
I have been trying to buy this car for a week!
We will wait to here from Dan.
Thanks,
Jason
AffordableGN

Apparently there is some sort of problem with the private messaging feature at T6P.com that was not allowing me to recieve affordablegn's messages.

CBSZR1-I tried calling the number you left, it's a fax machine.

Rob (the guy that is supposed to buy the car) could not find a truck and trailer on such short notice so he was not able to make it yesterday. He is going to call me tomorrow to figure out another time to pick it up. But now I have another potential buyer who says he might bring cash and pick the car up tomorrow. Being that a deal isn't made until the cash is in hand, the car goes to the first person who brings money. Rob even told me to sell it if someone else shows up with money first, so I'm not breaking my word or anything like that. Car is still for sale until money has been exchanged.

-Dan

Hey guys, I'm the guy that's buying the car from Dan and he recieved a deposit from me yesterday. The car will be picked up shortly.

If my Dodge Magnum could tow anything I'd have the car home already :mad:

Back