'87 T for sale, Houston TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be blunt, I just don't have the time, space or motivation to get my T back on the road anymore. My son is a lot more interested in fishin' time with Daddy instead of car shows & cruising and our new house only has a 2 stall attached garage instead of the oversized detached we have now. Something's gotta give and it's gonna be the Buford...

Tried starting it up the other day (moving to temp storage while we're between houses) and discovered that the rubber fuel line between the tank & hard lines has split, so that'll have to be fixed before it'll run and it's going to need a thorough Spring Cleaning before it'll be truly road worthy. The basics of the car's combo are:

CPP built shortblock w/ 9:1 forged pistons
Race Jace girdle & billet mains on the centers
Stock freshened heads w/ 3 angle valve job
Limit TE-61 turbo w/ PTE .63 exhaust housing
Stock headers, TH 3" downpipe & 3" Torque Tech exhaust
Built trans w/ 3200rpm stall Art Carr top-hat converter
Moser 28 spline axles w/ c-clip eliminators & stock 3.42 gear
HR Parts non-adj rear control arms w/ .25" longer lowers

Selling price, as it sits, is $4,000 firm. Would prefer a local buyer, but am willing to work it out with someone further a-field if you make & pay for the shipping arrangements. Feel free to PM or email ( remove spaces, c a p t a i n i n s a n e - o @earthlink.net ) for details. Here is the only pic I have on this computer, it was used for the cover of the Turbo Buick calender a few years ago... I'll take & post pictures of current condition in a few days, after we get settled into our temporary living quarters.

MyBurnout.jpg

To be blunt, I just don't have the time, space or motivation to get my T back on the road anymore. My son is a lot more interested in fishin' time with Daddy instead of car shows & cruising and our new house only has a 2 stall attached garage instead of the oversized detached we have now. Something's gotta give and it's gonna be the Buford...

Tried starting it up the other day (moving to temp storage while we're between houses) and discovered that the rubber fuel line between the tank & hard lines has split, so that'll have to be fixed before it'll run and it's going to need a thorough Spring Cleaning before it'll be truly road worthy. The basics of the car's combo are:

CPP built shortblock w/ 9:1 forged pistons
Race Jace girdle & billet mains on the centers
Stock freshened heads w/ 3 angle valve job
Limit TE-61 turbo w/ PTE .63 exhaust housing
Stock headers, TH 3" downpipe & 3" Torque Tech exhaust
Built trans w/ 3200rpm stall Art Carr top-hat converter
Moser 28 spline axles w/ c-clip eliminators & stock 3.42 gear
HR Parts non-adj rear control arms w/ .25" longer lowers

Selling price, as it sits, is $4,000 firm. Would prefer a local buyer, but am willing to work it out with someone further a-field if you make & pay for the shipping arrangements. Feel free to PM or email ( remove spaces, c a p t a i n i n s a n e - o @earthlink.net ) for details. Here is the only pic I have on this computer, it was used for the cover of the Turbo Buick calender a few years ago... I'll take & post pictures of current condition in a few days, after we get settled into our temporary living quarters.

MyBurnout.jpg

Heck, CaptainInsane-O I wish I had that engine in my Buick...with a stroker kit.

Seems like a pretty good price. If this was closer, your next post would read "SOLD"

No, I know some of the guys in the HBC, but never been able to make the meet-ups. Who built the engine?

Conley's Performance Plus, not sure who they used for the machine work back then (99-00) but I know they did all of the assembly post machining. Been a long time since I've made it to a meet, life just keeps getting in the way.

OK, I've had a lot of requests for more info so here y'all go... makes me think I'm not asking enough $ for this thing. ;)

My family is moving this week, so I won't be able to get current pics until early next week, look for them Monday evening or Tuesday.

It’s an ’87, black w/ gray bucket interior. Car has been sitting uncovered in my garage for nearly 8 years, so it's pretty grimy. I kept a trickle charger on it & started it every couple of months but between mid March and last Saturday the battery went bad and the fuel line split happened. Here are some more details about the car:

Body: Only rust issue off of the top of my head, is at the corner of the rear header panel, under the trunk lid below rear window on the driver's side.

Car had chrome lower door trim & this was removed. You can see bondo on the inner side of the door where they filled holes left when trim clips were removed.

The trunk's lock is missing, got yanked out several years ago by someone trying to break in. Needs some metal work right where the lock cylinder mounts to the trunk.

Front clip (fenders, hood, header panel) was replaced in 1996~97 after being hit by a guy that ran a red light. Hood is fiberglass & I couldn't find a turbo header emblem at the time so it has a "regular" Regal one. I do have the right emblem & will provide to whoever buys it. Front bumper has a ding from same wreck.

Front (almost totally disintegrated) and rear bumper fillers need replacing.

Interior: Front left corner of driver's seat bracket broke the last time I took the car to the track. Needs replacing or repair. No tears in the seat fabric and headliner isn't hanging like a sheet.

Has a nice stereo, if a little dated... Pioneer CD player, Cerwin Vega speakers (concert II car, so doors, dash & rear shelf) and an Earthquake 10" sub/amp in a bandpass box.

Engine: Only ~2,000 miles on it since rebuild / build up by CPP in 1999~2000. Never really dialed in the tune for max performance, but ran really well. Good street manners & would haul for a car on a street chip & 100 octane unleaded.

Car really could use a complete Spring Cleaning before trying to drive on the roads & I'd replace the tires (Viper's) because they've been sitting for several years.

buford..

sent u a pm and let me know how u want to be paid and worry about the transport later thanks:biggrin:

i ll come pick it up for free if it doesnt sell, just kidding good luck with sale. sorry to see you have to sale it. i think i helped you at discount tire a while back.

Thanks for the interest guys, sold it last night.

hemi: Yeah I remember, rotatate & balance on my daily beater SRT-4... from those pics you showed me you have a NICE Buick! Didn't have to sell it, just finally decided to let it go to someone who will give it the attention these cars deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.