87 Turbo-T Blue/blue NE Ohio

mazdatech78

Ive decided to move to Florida and my 87 Turbo-T has to go. Ive owned it for a little over 3 years and done a ton of work to it. It is not going to win any shows but it is a solid driver. I ran it once at the track this spring. It ran 11.95@119MPH with a horrible 2.0 60ft. This was on a mix of Sunoco 94 and 110. Here is the list.

Engine: Weber racing built shortblock, new front cover, Comp cams 210-215 ductile roller, big valve ported 8445's (bowl and intake runner), solid rocker shafts, ported lower match to FP1200's, Automotive Performance Machine valley pan, RJC PP, MSD 50's, Accufab AFPR, all new sensors including cam and crank, H@R poly mounts, GT6152 turbo, 3.5" MAF pipe, 3.5" LS1 MAF, Big Mouth CAI, MSD wires, F-body alum. radiator, new hi, low, and delay cooling fan relays, Gen 2 Translator with matching chip, battery, Scanmaster, 3" THDP w/ dump, ATR 3" single shot, BstC boost controller, alternator.

Trans: Janis built 200R4, Pro Torque 3200L/U converter, B@M trans cooler, newer u-joints, driveshaft safety loop.

Rear end: Stock G80 posi with fresh fluid and additive

Chassis: Vacuum brake conversion, newer front pads, rear disc brakes off a 95 T/A, new rear pads and rotors, Energy Suspension poly body mount kit, rear seat bracing, pinion snubber, new GM power steering pump.

Tires and wheels: Stock GN wheels with the black repainted and new center caps, 235/60/15 Dunlops up front with about 2000 miles on them and 255/60/15 Dunlops in the rear about 1/2 worn. Also comes with a set of 87 T wheels with almost bald 235/65/15 BFG drag radials and a pair of front tires for the track.

Interior: AVC GNX dash w/ VDO tach converter, pillar mounted volt gauge with extra hole for another gauge, CD player with all new speakers, 6X9's with adapters are in the rear, new carpet and floormats, new upper dash trim.

Exterior: It had a bad repaint before I bought the car. It is cracking in some spots and bubbling in others. I patched the drivers floor pan with a piece from another car. Painted the inside and outside of the floors with POR-15. All the weatherstripping and trim is original and it shows.

The engine runs strong w/ 60lbs of oil pressure cold and around 20lbs hot. The only problem that I have with the engine is with the lifters. They have a cold start tap for the first couple of seconds while they pump up. This doesnt happen every time but has been doing it since the motor was redone. Its typical comp cams quality. I just havent had the time or energy to swap them out and with me moving I just need to get this car and parts out of my garage and basement.

The car also comes with extras: Extra drivers door, new coilpack, front rotors, etc. Pretty much anything I have thats Buick related in my garage comes with the car.

Im a motivated seller. Any extra info or pics just let me know. The pics are up at Flickr: Photos from mazdatech78

$8000

James 216-534-6010 mazdatech78@yahoo.com

That is a nice looking Z you have there, but I really just need the money right now. Good luck with your sale.

James

It also need the headliner and the sunvisors recovered. Its also going to need some nickle and dime stuff, it just depends on what you are looking to do with the car. Its a solid driver quality car. I was just driving it around today and it is running great. If you want anymore info, dont hesitate to give me a call

James

New price $7500 or poss trade for a 89-93 5.0/5-spd. Prefer coupe. Let me know what you got. Thanks

James

What is your timeframe for the sale? The wife has given me clearance from the tower to get back into the TR scene.... i get my bonus at the end of January, and am planning to use some of that money to find me another TR...

If its still available and/or you can wait - I would be interested....

The heat works but the AC doesnt. Everything is there I just never got around to fixing it. As for making it to SC. I dont see why it wouldnt. The only thing that would worry me is the headache you would have after listening to that ATR single shot for about 11 hrs. The longest drive ive made with this set up is 120 miles w/ no issues. If you want anymore info just shoot me a call at the number listed at the bottom of my ad. Thanks

James