87 Two Tone (silver/grey) Turbo T w/40K mi.

Grant:
That is a truly beautiful car. GLWS. Unfortunately, I can't afford it.
Just out of my curiosity, how much is that in USD?

Forum member "carguy " personally checked out the car this week and reports that this car is most assuredly a "SOLID" Turbo T.

Since the car predominantly wears its original paint ( 25 years old ), it's only fair to say it's not going to win best in show award for its paint.

Anybody who may be seriously interested in the car might wish to contact forum member," carguy" ( Bob) for an unbiased opinion/ evaluation/ critique of the car.

BEST OFFER still takes it !

Forum member "carguy " personally checked out the car this week and reports that this car is most assuredly a "SOLID" Turbo T.

Since the car predominantly wears its original paint ( 25 years old ), it's only fair to say it's not going to win best in show award for its paint.

Anybody who may be seriously interested in the car might wish to contact forum member," carguy" ( Bob) for an unbiased opinion/ evaluation/ critique of the car.

BEST OFFER still takes it !

FOOTNOTE :

FWIW, although " carguy" acknowledged there was no question the two tone silver/ grey Turbo T was indeed a" solid" car, he wouldn't be taking the car because the header panel paint ( which was painted due to the accumulated stone chips from mostly highway use over the car's 25 year history) wasn't a good match.
BTW & FWIW, that item is being remedied if anyone is interested .

That is a truly beautiful car. GLWS. Unfortunately, I can't afford it.
Just out of my curiosity, how much is that in USD?

DILEMMA ?

It seems that the interested parties in buying the car EITHER want it as a cruiser/show car OR to turn it into a race car ( caged, heavily
modded,etc.).

I'm sure the standard refrain/ thinking might be, ' who gives a shit what happens to the car as long as you get a good $$ for it ' !!
While true, it seems that after 25 years ( original owner ) of keeping it in the condition as seen in the pics, not sure which which way to go !

Any thoughts/ opinions ?

I understand where you're coming from. You want what you think is best for the car. Unfortunately you can't control what happens to it once it leaves your driveway. If you were to sell it to someone that said they were going to keep it exactly like you have and wipe it down with a diaper every night and only take it out on Sundays when it's 75 degrees and sunny they might get into an accident around the corner from your house and total the car. Or they might blow smoke with a story like that just so you can sleep at night and then as soon as they get the car home will break out the sawzall and torches and go to town. If you're really concerned with how the car is kept in the future then your best bet is probably not to sell it at all and cherish it until the day you pass. Otherwise, if you need the cash, just get a good buck for it, and bid it farewell.

I understand where you're coming from. You want what you think is best for the car. Unfortunately you can't control what happens to it once it leaves your driveway. If you were to sell it to someone that said they were going to keep it exactly like you have and wipe it down with a diaper every night and only take it out on Sundays when it's 75 degrees and sunny they might get into an accident around the corner from your house and total the car. Or they might blow smoke with a story like that just so you can sleep at night and then as soon as they get the car home will break out the sawzall and torches and go to town. If you're really concerned with how the car is kept in the future then your best bet is probably not to sell it at all and cherish it until the day you pass. Otherwise, if you need the cash, just get a good buck for it, and bid it farewell.

All good points !

Been getting quite a few inquiries ( from the U.S. guys) as to what exactly is involved in buying a Canadian car like the two tone silver grey Turbo T and bringing it across the border into the U.S.

What I have been suggesting to people is to contact a company called CrossBorder Solutions Inc. ( 1-877-222-7009 ).It is my understanding that they can "broker " a Canadian car into the U.S ( they do all the appropriate paper work and documentation) for a $ 250.00 fee. I also believe that this company can arrange for an enclosed or open transport trailer if necessary.

In the case of the two tone Turbo T if the purchaser happens to be from the U.S. side, I have no problem covering the $ 250.00 brokerage fee .

That is one BEAUTIFUL color combination. I've never seen anything close to that and it makes a gorgeous car! Definitely on target with $18,500.

Holy Toledo....I just can't get over how nice that car is. Plus it sounds like the upgrades were professionally done.

Holy Toledo....I just can't get over how nice that car is. Plus it sounds like the upgrades were professionally done.

Thanks for your compliments. And yes, you are correct when you make mention that ," it sounds like the upgrades were professionally done. "

Considering its an original owner car, the relative uniqueness of the car's factory paint scheme option, its immaculate and rust free condition, as well as its upgrades (with no downsides to its driveability), I'm surprised a real Buick aficionado hasn't bought it ! Especially when there is some "wiggle room " with the sale price as indicated by the , "$18,500 or BEST OFFER."

Ive bought two canadian cars and you can avoid all that by having the owner drive the car across the border like any other person coming to visit and have a friend follow him... Sell the car to the new owner and your buddy takes you home.....Take the canadian title to the secretary of state (DMV) transfer it and wait for your new US title in the mail.....

Thanks for your compliments. And yes, you are correct when you make mention that ," it sounds like the upgrades were professionally done. "

Considering its an original owner car, the relative uniqueness of the car's factory paint scheme option, its immaculate and rust free condition, as well as its upgrades (with no downsides to its driveability), I'm surprised a real Buick aficionado hasn't bought it ! Especially when there is some "wiggle room " with the sale price as indicated by the , "$18,500 or BEST OFFER."
I'd be lying if I said I weren't interested, but I don't have $18k sitting around. I'd need to liquidate my Limited first, then I'd be free to negotiate.

I come and go on this forum and it's been a while since I've been here and the software upgrades have me lost at the moment. I'm very interested in your car, I'm not a tire kicker (as seen in my signature) and I'm trying to figure out how to send you a PM.

I'd be lying if I said I weren't interested, but I don't have $18k sitting around. I'd need to liquidate my Limited first, then I'd be free to negotiate.

I come and go on this forum and it's been a while since I've been here and the software upgrades have me lost at the moment. I'm very interested in your car, I'm not a tire kicker (as seen in my signature) and I'm trying to figure out how to send you a PM.

Please e-mail at the address listed at the bottom of the opening thread on page 1 so that we can discuss matters further. Thanks