87 Two Tone (silver/grey) Turbo T w/40K mi.

So, What does $18,000 = in US dollars?

FWIW, I believe the U.S dollar and the Canadian dollar are pretty much on par right now. If you want an exact $$ figure might want to check it out with your bank.

BTW, great pic with air under both front wheels !

I remember looking at this car last Summer. I decided it wasn't for me as I wanted to stick with Limiteds. But if I didn't have that hangup, I would have purchased it for sure. Having picked up a 40K mile red D84 Limited from its original owner last August, I can tell you shaking hands on the purchase with the same individual that shook the dealership's hand when it was delivered in 1987 is provenance worth the price of admission all by itself. I think the fact that the car is in Canada puts a lot of Americans (far and away the biggest market of buyers) off. Importing a car is not a big deal in either direction. I hope the car stays in Canada. But I hope more that the car goes to someone who appreciates how well the original owner cared for it. GLWS.

I remember looking at this car last Summer. I decided it wasn't for me as I wanted to stick with Limiteds. But if I didn't have that hangup, I would have purchased it for sure. Having picked up a 40K mile red D84 Limited from its original owner last August, I can tell you shaking hands on the purchase with the same individual that shook the dealership's hand when it was delivered in 1987 is provenance worth the price of admission all by itself. I think the fact that the car is in Canada puts a lot of Americans (far and away the biggest market of buyers) off. Importing a car is not a big deal in either direction. I hope the car stays in Canada. But I hope more that the car goes to someone who appreciates how well the original owner cared for it. GLWS.

Thank you for chiming in and expressing your thoughts, especially with respect to dealing with the car's original owner. FWIW, if I was purchasing a 26 year old Buick I would certainly consider getting one from the original owner a big plus, but that's just me.

As for the nationality aspect, I understand your sentiments, however, for me the most important factor is that the car goes to a Buick enthusiast who truly appreciates the care and effort that went into maintaining the car in its present condition, regardless of which side of the border.

Thank you for chiming in and expressing your thoughts, especially with respect to dealing with the car's original owner. FWIW, if I was purchasing a 26 year old Buick I would certainly consider getting one from the original owner a big plus, but that's just me.

As for the nationality aspect, I understand your sentiments, however, for me the most important factor is that the car goes to a Buick enthusiast who truly appreciates the care and effort that went into maintaining the car in its present condition, regardless of which side of the border.

I have a feeling Grant is correct that it will go to an owner who will appreciate the car for it's proper care and history....just a hunch.

So whats the "bottom line" with the Canada thing ? What are the "necessaries" (tax, title, "strings") ... Most People I know wouldn't even leave the
U.S. these days, let alone try to buy a car. I have a Neighbor that's told me many a story trying too get back after Perch Fishing!.

Me ? I'd likely look "hard" at a nice car like this IF it were here (in the U.S.) ... But: (now) Passports, Papers or whatever ?

I don't know NOW, ... But: in a different time, we went to Canada all the time ... BEAUTIFUL Country. :)

So whats the "bottom line" with the Canada thing ? What are the "necessaries" (tax, title, "strings") ... Most People I know wouldn't even leave the
U.S. these days, let alone try to buy a car. I have a Neighbor that's told me many a story trying too get back after Perch Fishing!.

Me ? I'd likely look "hard" at a nice car like this IF it were here (in the U.S.) ... But: (now) Passports, Papers or whatever ?

I don't know NOW, ... But: in a different time, we went to Canada all the time ... BEAUTIFUL Country. :)

Sorry to hear about your apprehensions and concerns with respect to " the Canada thing ". From my perspective and experience I believe there is no reason for concern.
I've personally purchased and imported cars from the U.S. into Canada recently and experienced zero problems or issues whatsoever. The entire process was hassle free and surprisingly easy. I simply used a company called CrossBorder Solutions Inc. ( TOLL FREE 1-877- 222-7009 ) and they handled ALL the paperwork or to use your term "the "necessaries" (tax, title, "strings" ) ".
They also deal with U.S. customers who buy cars in Canada and import them it into the U.S. If you wish more info as to how easy it is to move a car from one side of the border to the other you might wish to give them a call. BTW, they can also arrange for transport companies( enclosed or open trailers) to pick up and deliver on both sides of the border.

As for passports, the reality is that they are a required item for both U.S. and Canadian citizens in order to cross the border. Unfortunately our world has changed with events like 9/11 and we have to accept the fact that passports are now needed for increased security purposes.
I don't know what the process is like to acquire a passport in the U.S. but in Canada from my experience it's not a big deal ( basically paperwork at a passport office). BTW, a passport in Canada is good for 5 years before renewal is required.

Hope this helps clarify the concerns you raised.

Just got a passport today. I filled out paperwork 2 weeks ago and turned it in at courthouse. Was painless. Wish i did it years ago.

I still love this unique car and can not believe it is still up for sale without a new owner!

I still love this unique car and can not believe it is still up for sale without a new owner!

Somewhat surprising Evans, considering the car's relative uniqueness and terrific condition. However, always something to be said for patience and
persistence.

this car looks GREAT

Thanks, I'd like to think so. Out on the road I have to say only the true ( Buick ) " shepherds " know what it is.

Always humorous to hear people pull along side, usually at a stoplight, and ask, " WTF is that !"

With its color combo, it definitely flies under the radar.

Have had inquiries regarding the car's performance.

To clarify, the car was never taken to the track to see what its 1/4 mile performance numbers would be. However, it was dynoed and as I recall it made right around 470 RWHP ( with 100 octane unleaded fuel, 20-21 lbs. of boost, open exhaust, zero knock retard ).

Been receiving inquiries as to, "what doesn't work" on the car. It would seem some people feel that after 26 years that some items on these cars perhaps don't work anymore.

For the record: EVERYTHING ON THE CAR IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND OPERATIONAL.

Somewhat surprising Evans, considering the car's relative uniqueness and terrific condition. However, always something to be said for patience and
persistence.

It really is a beautiful color combination, well maintained, and obviously, relatively unique in it's low mileage.
Just not seeing the market where people will pay $18,000; + or - for the TRs
Even for the black ones.
And owning a couple; I wish I did.

They don't blink dropping 20 G's for a thrice resto'd Mustang, a Camaro, or a Chevelle, but more of a limited crowd for the TRs.
Takes a special "Buick TR" kind of person.

There is a similar kind of car for sale in AL, a low milage, ultra clean, 1986 T-Topped WH1 in the same price range that I drool over.
But almost Barret Jackson-like pricing.

GLWTS - I'll keep watching.

It really is a beautiful color combination, well maintained, and obviously, relatively unique in it's low mileage.
Just not seeing the market where people will pay $18,000; + or - for the TRs
Even for the black ones.
And owning a couple; I wish I did.

They don't blink dropping 20 G's for a thrice resto'd Mustang, a Camaro, or a Chevelle, but more of a limited crowd for the TRs.
Takes a special "Buick TR" kind of person.

There is a similar kind of car for sale in AL, a low milage, ultra clean, 1986 T-Topped WH1 in the same price range that I drool over.
But almost Barret Jackson-like pricing.

GLWTS - I'll keep watching.

Appreciate for your comments and observations.

While you may certainly be correct about the TR market, the fact remains that along with the posted price, it also has the words, " OR BEST OFFER " attached.

BTW & FWIW, while there may be an 86 TR in AL in the same price range (that you drool over), to the best of my recollection, 1987 was the only year that the factory designer paint scheme (different colors) option was offered. In my opinion, that makes it somewhat unique .

Again, FWIW, I'd be surprised if the 86 WH1 you mention has the additional upgrade "mods" ( with no downsides to the car's driveability while retaining stock appearance ) that this car has.

Like you, " I'll keep watching. "

FWIW, here are a couple of other quotes from Richard Lasseter's (President of Buick GS Club of America) letter of appraisal ( at 37,600 miles) in addition to his previously mentioned quote from that letter stating, "THERE ARE EASILY $18,000 WORTH OF LABOR AND PARTS " .

" THE OVERALL CONDITION OF THIS CAR IS EXCELLENT. THIS INCLUDES INTERIOR, EXTERIOR, TRUNK AND ENGINE COMPARTMENT ".

" COUPLED WITH THE EXTENSIVE WORK DONE ON GRANT'S T-R, WE WOULD GIVE THIS CAR A FAIR MARKET VALUE OF $ 25,800".