You can type here any text you want

87gn with 67mm on alky vs gsxr600

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Rightttttttt;)

Just sayin......instead of worrying so much about how much more boost you can add and how much power your combo might make, you should pause and I guess....read between the lines....:rolleyes:....of what these more experienced gents are trying to tell you.
Otherwise the answer to your "How much power..." question will = zero, hero.

You really need to learn how to tune the combo before you go cranking up the boost so high.
Alky is a safety measure...not a miracle worker...
If you are getting KR, then you have a problem to solve before you go trying to race a GSXR600 or anythng for that matter.

You will blow your engine...honest....these guys aint lying at you because they're jealous...they're trying to rescue you because they know better...

I hope this helps.
My previous post was just in fun.;)

I think the real issue is this...now be honest Alky87

Your just bought the car lets say 6 days ago and youve been talking smak ever since and now people are comming out of the woodwork to call you out and now its like "put up or shut up"

That scenario might be a little over hyped but dont fall into trap that your backs against the wall to prove your car has balls.

For what its worth I ran a GSXr600 twice and pulled on him twice that was with DRs from a dig, a tiny 49 , and 25 psi:biggrin:Just watch out for the GSxr 1000s and Busa

How much more power do u think there is to be made with my car

The tune like, timing and boost is critical info. Without knowing thatand long block details like cam, heads, etc... I couldnt tell you. I can say you should avoid over 14psi on 93 until you get that knock issue figured out.Turn the timing in the chip down to 20* in 1st and 2nd and 18* in 3rd and 4th. It will seem slower and nowhere near as fun. It however is much better that when its broken and will need $1000s in repair. Dont let others pressure you into racing because its not them that has to pay for it when its broken.

I think what the concerned are trying to say is learn to tune it first but they are just alarmists trying to prevent you from having fun with that car.

Put it to the wood, when you start to hear a kind of clicking/rattlen sound...dont be alarmed, thats your turbo afterburn modulator kicking in...its like overdrive for your turbo that will tell you to keep the peddle down because its about to really show whats up.

Trust me

That ratteling is a little man tapping on the block with a hammer trying to make his way out.

And he will.

Onefast87. Slow down, Learn about the car or learn to replace headgaskets or worse..

Your choice.

Sure seems like a lot of noobs have come out of the woodwork since F&F 4, Time to invest in Felpro and cometic stocks.

I have had a ton of help on tuning my car (Rick) and others and my car screams & never had the heads off the car yet!I know how you feel the car is fast and your tempted to show everyone whats up but until you know the car keep your foot out READ a ton on here, these guys know there $hit!!:cool:

For what its worth I ran a GSXr600 twice and pulled on him twice that was with DRs from a dig, a tiny 49 , and 25 psi:biggrin:Just watch out for the GSxr 1000s and Busa

I think the stock GSX R 600's ET at 11.2
I looked it up after I tangeled with that GSX R 1000 several days back...the 1000's go 10.1 stock.....he proved it...:p

....you sure he wasn't setting you up for a money run?
:biggrin:

I think the stock GSX R 600's ET at 11.2
I looked it up after I tangeled with that GSX R 1000 several days back...the 1000's go 10.1 stock.....he proved it...:p

....you sure he wasn't setting you up for a money run?
:biggrin:

I have no idea not sure what year it was either but he could ride . My son was in the car with me , I know I know , anyway raced him twice and pulled on him twice who knows why or how just know I did this was with 100% E85 at 25 psi

I still say his I.P. address matches somebody else we know. Ther can't be 2 people in this world that are so hell bent on not listening to our advice.

Go blow the piece up, get it over with. It is gonna happen anyway.:rolleyes:

Be sure and fill it to the brim with 85 octane before the big race. 23 PSI will absolutely love that!

Ty, he is looking for a local to help him. (that's a good thing) That and a little reading and it might survive. he is just doing it in 4 differant threads.

Just a heads up I have a 02 gsxr 600 and it runs a 10.9x with 1.7x 60fts unless you have a 10.5 car I wouldn’t try. I find it easer to race a bike since you only have to worry about lift really, I have spun once or twice but only for a few yards. Do it from a dig it’s your best chance, from a roll I have beat every thing from turbo Hondas to a 08 z06 but couldn’t get that supra to play:D

For what it's worth which ain't much it seems in this instance, I have never lost to a bike under 750cc's from a dig or roll. That said maybe it was inexperience of the riders maybe my experience in driving and understanding these high strung mistresses played a part in my wins, I don't know.

But to drive it without knowing exactly what a turbo buick is going to do and where its limits are is sheer lunacy.

All I will tell you with absolute certianty is if you push the car beyond your knowledge you will blow it up.

I was foolish once, only once!

Mikey

Wow, I miss these threads;)

You sound like me at 18, not trying to be funny. I was willing to run anything that moved with mine:biggrin: I am glad I kept mine stock with only some high octane fuel or it have been blown up!

You want NO KNOCK! If you are having knock STOP! Or either go ahead and kill it so you can spend lots of money fixing it...

These guys are trying to help you.

I hope you are not street racing...

If you can get the knock out of your car with a little tuning you probably have a chance but I'd say it would probably come down to how the drivers do... If you got to do it from a roll, DON'T!!!!!!!!! That isn't racing any freakin way:big grin:

I'm not gunna race him boost is down to 17. I'm bringing it to cottons first chance I get to have him tune it. Unless u guys no a place closer to upstate ny

Back