You can type here any text you want

89 TTA drivetrain in a 80 TTA Pace car..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jasons kwik 6

I was looking on Ebay and seen some very nice Pace cars(1980).l I know that the 80 model turbo 301 is a POS, but what about putting a 89 motor/trans in it? Just curious if you guys think this would be cool, bad idea, or what? I personally like the 80 model car. Just bored I guess:p

I too liked the 1980 turbo pace cars. As I remember they had embroidered birds on the seat backs and three little lights on the hood that lit up in sequence with the turbo boost. That was fancy stuff back then. One with a 1989 TTA drive train would definitely be a sleeper. I think it would be cool.

James

Go for an early 70's model, that would be cool. Plus put a four speed in it and a ball bearing turbo. :D

Jason

I've seen this done before too. Paul from JAX seatcover has a beautiful 81 T/A with an LC2 in it. One big drawback is that the downpipe is a super tight fit and A/C is just about out of the question. There just isn't any room for the stock A/C box.

I have a 77 T/A with a 400, and a spare LC2 sitting on the floor. I keep telling myself that one of these days when that doggy 400 finally gets me mad enough it will be the one sitting on the floor and that LC2 will be pushing that old T/A into the 11's. Someday...:D

Back