You can type here any text you want

8K tach mod

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Well some of you purist will cringe.. others will say way to go.. anyways been having a dilema.. I didnt want to add another tach like an autometer becuase of the ergonomics.. and i've been racing the car at 6K now for some time.. sometimes going over a little :rolleyes: .

Anyways walking through the boneyard the other day I spot an 87 Firebird with a V6.. lo and behold I look and the tach reads to 8K.. I thought .. nah too good to be true..

Well guess what.. it works like ours since both cars are 6 cylinders.. the catch.. you get rid of that stock boost guage.

Here's a pix.. hows this for a mod :)

Cost was 12.99 :biggrin:

Ohh boy.. now I need some good rods to take advantage of this tach :wink:

Attachments

• 8k Tach.jpg
    8k Tach.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 115
How about selling me the original 6k tach with the boost gauge :-) Sounds like you wont need that one anymore

well that car is gone now :rolleyes: how can you do that to an original car ... nothing that old in yards up here :eek: next time your "scouting" get me one for my beater :biggrin:

Jan Larsson said:
How about selling me the original 6k tach with the boost gauge :-) Sounds like you wont need that one anymore

:eek:

I'll be storing it with items like the owners kit :wink:

Dan.. will keep you in mind.. ;)

Back