You can type here any text you want

9,s with PTE SLIC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1240

CAMEL TOE
Wondering if anyone has ran in the 9s with a PTE stock location intercooler and if it could be done?

Wondering if anyone has ran in the 9s with a PTE stock location intercooler and if it could be done?

I am not sure if its been done but I am sure it can be done. Some have ran in the 9's with a CAS stock location intercooler and I am sure that the PTE is at least as good and is likely better.

Melissa has, ask Grumpy he can give you all the details!

Joe Lubrant was the test mule and made 9 second runs on that unit at US 41 IIRC.

NO... we only had a CAS V4 on it then.. She now has the PTE one since I stole the V4 for the Buick/Mazda beater:p PTE is a NICE piece !! Got ours from Mike @ Full Throttle :biggrin:

Orlando Granada was the first one to run in the 9's with the PTE SLIC when it came out and he did it without the aid of alky~

Here's the pass at BG from like 2005 I believe??

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXtGrxzMStg[/YOUTUBE]

Attachments

• orlandosmall2.JPG
    orlandosmall2.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 272
  • orlandosmall3.JPG
    orlandosmall3.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 281
Orlando Granada was the first one to run in the 9's with the PTE SLIC when it came out and he did it without the aid of alky~

Here's the pass at BG from like 2005 I believe??

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXtGrxzMStg[/YOUTUBE]

HE ran nines with slic and stock MAF sensor.was he running stock PCM?

Here's the pass at BG from like 2005 I believe

what NO AC in the car :rolleyes::p

what NO AC in the car :rolleyes::p

I'm pretty sure he got tired of working around the A/C busting knuckles. Can't blame him although I like to have A/C as well. The car still has a 200-4R trans in it.

I'm pretty sure he got tired of working around the A/C busting knuckles. Can't blame him although I like to have A/C as well. The car still has a 200-4R trans in it.

hmmmm .. have to think here... is he runnin a different intercooler now ??

Joe Lubrant was the test mule and made 9 second runs on that unit at US 41 IIRC.[/QUOte

You might be confusing it with the original double stack unit which is still on the car today.
And I am fairly certian that I drove Joe's car to the first 9
second pass probably either 98 or 99 . The years all start running together
the older I get.

The years all start running together
the older I get.

Wait a few more years and the old days come back to ya easy.. You won't remember what you did the day before BUT your "old day's" will be sharper :cool:

Joe Lubrant was the test mule and made 9 second runs on that unit at US 41 IIRC.[/QUOte

You might be confusing it with the original double stack unit which is still on the car today.
And I am fairly certian that I drove Joe's car to the first 9
second pass probably either 98 or 99 . The years all start running together
the older I get.

Yeah you're correct! That was you with the big wheelie too. I drove from Chicago to the track Friday Saturday and Sunday in my GN 600 miles in three days with a TH 400.(Take that Grumpy:biggrin:)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 186
Back