You can type here any text you want

9 seconds with just billet caps

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

Is anyone running in the nines with just billet center caps and no girdle? Does TSM class allow you to run without a girdle and only billet caps?

Matt

TSM does not tell one how to build their motors. As you approach the low 9 territory, the block needs all the help it can get.

Yes, you can go high 9s with just the centers. Having a forged crank helps alot regardless of billet caps and/or girdle.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Thanks Bill- I was wondering if a forged crank and billet caps would be enough to run in the high nines.

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read that Dan Strezo does not use a girdle on the engines he builds.

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read that Dan Strezo does not use a girdle on the engines he builds.

It's a little or a lot more complicted then that. Quite a bit of machining to secure the caps is what I am told.

Come on Brett , you know nothing about these cars is complicated :D

Hey I got ur chip. Well, it's kinda urs. I lost the first one and bought you a brand new one from TT:cool: Guess im not gonna need it tho since the XFI will go in when it gets to Ottos house. He says he will just set up an emmissions tune. I will try to bring it by next week. Oh and I see I spelled complicated wrong...:wink:

Hey I got ur chip. Well, it's kinda urs. I lost the first one and bought you a brand new one from TT:cool: Guess im not gonna need it tho since the XFI will go in when it gets to Ottos house. He says he will just set up an emmissions tune. I will try to bring it by next week. Oh and I see I spelled complicated wrong...:wink:
Thanx - at the rate I'm moving the car will be emmisions exempt by the time it's on the road :mad:

gnmaster2004 in tsm trim in the nines. no girdle, billet mains, forged crank h-beam rods.

off topic but where in NYC are you located? not to many GNs around me (bensonhurst BK)

Back