93 mustang coupe hybrid

1QWKPHKR

B & B RACING TUSCALOOSA A
i just finished my 93 mustang coupe hybrid. i used an 87 gn drivetrain. to date the car has ran a best of 7.30 with a 191 60 ft.@97mph.with a trans brake or higher stall the car should run 6.40s in the eighth.or low 10s high 9s in the quarter. the car weighs 2250# with out the driver.motor is completly stock with just a few bolt ons. a percicion 62 with a gtq wheel,62# ihgh imped. injectors 3" down pipe by barker customsand an art carr 9"3200 stall.and a sx fuel system . the brakes are a major problem with this car. they will not let the car leave with any boost at all. the boost will zero up and the car will push even with the 3200 art carr stall.the swap was pretty easy and the car is a blast to drive.. with a completly stock drive train the car on 15#s of boostwent 7.52 in the eighth with a 161 60ft @85 mph.i think all the car needs is a trans brake or looser convertor to really make some really good numbers.. i recomend this swap to anyone its easy and wow what a ride ..

b&b racing
buddy espey

mustang hybrid

give me an address and ill send you some pics. ive ran the car several times this year at the mountain. we may go to bama week after next. i think they are gona still be open, were going to have to check for sure.. buddy

You can send pics to freak@candw.ky and ill host em for ya.When I said "see" the car,I meant in person:)Ive got a few 87-93 Stangs and a spare GN engine and have always wanted to do this swap:D

pics sent

hey broke1 i sent you those pics take a look at them and use them the way you want ..
buddy

Thats one hell of a sleeper and very cleanly done:cool: Well have to meet up sometime and ill have to pick your brain;)

I really like the GN center console:) Ill host the pics later tonight for you guys to see:DThanks Buddy,

Drew

ps,forgot to ask what boost and timing were you running on the 7.30 pass:)

26 degree timing on a percicion race chip at 30 #s of boost , thats the reason for the high mile per hour on a s@#ty 60 ft.
as i said with a better brake system, trans brake or higher stall i think the car should run 6.30-6.40s in the eighth. at around 107-108 mph.
buddy

VIDEO

if anyone wants to see a video pass email me and ill send one by email to ya (media player) buddy

JUS FOR SNEAKY

HEY STUPID I DONT CAR WHAT YOU THINK OF MY CAR BUT TO CALL ME A PUNK ASS KID.. LITTLE BOY IM OLD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR DADDY! AND IF THAT SH*T EATING DOG HADNT BEAT ME UP THE STAIRS I WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR DADDY! THIS HAS ALWAY BEEN A FRIENDLY FORUM AND ITS NO PLACE FOR SAWED OFF SISSY BIT*h THAT PROBLEY DOESNT HAVE A GN OR T/A AND IF HE DOES HES WORRIED ABOUT A PUNK ASS KID IN A MUSTANG BLISTERING HIS NO DRIVING SLOW ASS... SO IN CLOSING FA-Q

FEEL FREE TO SEND ALL FURTHER INQUIRIES OR COMMENTS STRAIGHT TO .

B&B RACING

Nice swap, this may be a dumb question but which side would he be on during the Buicks Vs. Mustang shootout?

WHERE MY HEART IS

GOOD QUESTION, MY HEART WILL ALWAYS BLEED BUICK BLACK! THE CAR I PULLED THE DRIVE TRAIN FROM WAS TRASH.. SO I WENT WITH THE MUSTANG FOR THE WEIGHT REASON ONLY .PLUS IT WAS IN THE BACK YARD COLLECTING RATS AND ONE RACCOON THAT I KNOW OF . MUSTANGS LOOK OK BUT NOTHING COMPARES TO THE LOOK OF A GN.... B&B RACING

Mustang swap.

We are in the final stages of a mustang swap. We had the engine in my Camaro chassis. A guy offered me cash for the rolling chassis and my friend Chris had to pull his GN engine/tranny out and was left with no wheels. We had a buddy with a 88 LX hatch that was starting a family so he sold the rolling chassis to Chris for 400.00.

Our swap looks kinda simalar but we moved the strut towers, boxed in the front unibody frame rails, Moved the fire wall back 3.5" and have a double GN frontmount style IC. 10pt cage, 15gal fuel cell with sump all boxed in where the stock spair tire would normaly go. Fabricated new flooring, subframe connectors ect ect. Tubular K member, controll arms front and adjustable rears.

The engine in the Camaro was running low 11's on 15#boost on pump gas. I'm guessing the Mustang's a bit lighter so somewhere in the high 10's on pump gas would be accurate.

We've goten alot of flack from GN guys and our other buddys for doing this but the price was right and it seems like the mustang guys have goten the suspension stuff worked out where it'll put the power to the ground. We are no ford experts for sure but learning.. yikes. scarry.
The mustang VS GN meets .. good question never thought of that. LOl...
Anyway.. if anyone wants pic's of a moved firewall or strut towers for more room I'll send them pic's.

Ever seen Denis Butt's car out of Joliet? 88GT with a stage 2 setup? There's the ultimate swap.. Last I saw it run was low9's not tuned:eek:

Re: Mustang swap.

Originally posted by UR50SLO

Ever seen Denis Butt's car out of Joliet? 88GT with a stage 2 setup? There's the ultimate swap.. Last I saw it run was low9's not tuned:eek:

Yup , thats a very nicely done Mustang w/ GN motor... :D

mustang

buddy, my dad and i are working on a 79 notch with a turbo 6. i was wondering what all did you do to your car to make it so light. thanks

bob