95 Camaro Hybrid

hboost

Banned
I remember seeing a guy who did a 4th gen formula. I was wondering what are the hardest spots you come across when doing this swap. I found a 95
Z28 for $700 with a blown headgasket and started to ponder about it.

I didnt do one in a 4th gen f-body, but first thing that comes to mind is mounts to the frame...

They might have had to weld the GN frame pads to the frame of the car, and had to make sure they put them in the right spot so everything would mount up right. Also dont know if the DP becomes a problem either... it might.

I would see if that person is on these boards somewhere, because if they already did it, you want some advice.

Just my 2 cents.

Just looking at that picture, it doesnt look like a GN downpipe... looks custom made. So there's one hickup.

.....having to install the motor from the bottom would piss it away for me.....

You do not have to install it from the bottom, that is only with the LT1/LS1's that you have to do that.

Issues that I have had with mine, but not all that hard to work around if you know how to weld.
downpipe
motor mounts
tranny mount
custom length driveshaft
wiring

GN Bird

I don't know for sure there is a guy on here, his real name is Steve K. I can't think of his screen name. But he would be the one to ask about that. I am using the 200r4 so I needed a custom mount

motor mounts where the hardest part, if I remember right. Downpipe too. My did one in a '97 at Aggressive Performance in Michigan. Pics are on Aggressiveauto.com

LT1s and LS1s don't HAVE to go in and out from the bottom, they can come out the top but bottom is the more common way to do it.

Looking at the size of the LT1 compared to a 109 it seems it would fit fine, but the dp as they said might be a hangup.