You can type here any text you want

More front coil spring questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stage1gn

Hey guys , been a while since I've been wanting to change my front coil springs ( it's an 87 GN ) , and from I've known in the past the 86's had a different ride height compared to the 87's .
Had the car since 92 , bought NOS ones for the car in 95 but never used them , still in the box ( not going to use them , explain later ). When I had another 87 GN , 1,400 mile time capsule and parked them next to each other , there was an inch difference in front end height . I guess driving it around and drag racing it took it's toll on the springs . I basically want to restore it back to stock original height and ride .
With that , I did search here and read all I could find on the topic , and have found that most say use the Moog 5606 for stock . When I look those up , they call it a free height of 14.36'' , the NOS ones I have are 13.625 .
Kirban sells a set , but is calling them for 84-87 TR's . Highway Stars has a set they call specifically for 87's with the FE2 or FE3 suspension , which assuming that is GN , and would differ from the 86's ( I can remember back in the day seeing 86's parked next to 87's and seeing the ride height difference .
Does anyone know what the spring rate for the stock originals was vs. the Moog 5606 ? Kirbans are listed as stock height and 639 lbs per inch . Highway stars doesn't say what there's are .
Why am I not using the NOS ones I have ? In the future I plan on doing a frame off on the GN , and will use them then , and being new springs are relatively inexpensive , just buy an aftermarket new set for now .
Thank you .

Back