A Brush with Death

TT/A1233 said:
For those of you who don't wear seat belts you may want to read this and watch the video. The seatbelt and airbag saved my life as I'm the one in this story.

Wow you are very lucky man. Ive seen alot of bad accadents in the past few years of being a fire fighter and most of the time people are not wearing there seat belts and it ultimately usually coast there lifes. Your accadent is something that diffently shows that the seat belt is there for a reason.

thank you very much for being a police officer I know first hand how much of a pita it can be at times.

man.... Thank goodness your were wearing your belt and the bag popped.. Was that a crown vic?? Your car looked like it got the worse of it... Did they ever find out if the other guy was drunk?? Its a shame someone lost their life..

Your smart to have the safety gear on and still very lucky. The local news here in Houston is showing the dash cam photos and a number of photos of both cars after.

Take Care and you will sure have something to be thankful at Thanksgiving.

FlyinGN said:
man.... Thank goodness your were wearing your belt and the bag popped.. Was that a crown vic?? Your car looked like it got the worse of it... Did they ever find out if the other guy was drunk?? Its a shame someone lost their life..
My car was the Crown Vic thank God. Had the other guy been wearing his safety belt he most likely would have survived. It's unknown at this point if he was drunk. According to fire personnel he did have an odor of intoxicants. We'll see....

NastyGn said:
Your smart to have the safety gear on and still very lucky. The local news here in Houston is showing the dash cam photos and a number of photos of both cars after.

Take Care and you will sure have something to be thankful at Thanksgiving.
I definitely have a lot to be thankful for. Your local news in Houston was showing my crash?

TT/A1233 said:
For those of you who don't wear seat belts you may want to read this and watch the video. The seatbelt and airbag saved my life as I'm the one in this story.

Wow....
Glad your still with us.
I hope after reading that, those that don't wear their seatbelts change their minds.

TT/A1233 said:
I definitely have a lot to be thankful for. Your local news in Houston was showing my crash?

Yes they were showing the in car camara video and then showed the cars after the wreck this morning. Someone was sure looking out for you. :D

Take care and be safe, the first snow is coming and I know that's a real pain. I use to live in Michigan for 25 years so I know first hand. Now I put up with people when it snows who have never seen it alone driven on it :eek:

TT/A1233 said:
My car was the Crown Vic thank God. Had the other guy been wearing his safety belt he most likely would have survived. It's unknown at this point if he was drunk. According to fire personnel he did have an odor of intoxicants. We'll see....

yeah i just saw it on local fox news here in Houston. Wow you got really lucky man, glad you are ok.

TT/A, glad you are OK; glad it wasn't your TT/A that was totalled, too.
I was in a terrible accident in 1983 and have worn my seat belt each and every time since then. I mean, even if I am driving from one side of a parking lot to the other side I wear the seat belt.

Thanks for the kind words all. I found out from the fire chief the other driver reeked of alcohol.

Here's my whole in-car video:

CLICK ME

TT/A1233 said:
Here's my whole in-car video:

:eek:

That's a harsh reminder of just how fast, and unexpectedly, a person's life can change... or end.

You are one fortunate, or tough,... probably both... SOB to walk away from that one.

Hope whatever recovery you go through goes well and glad you're still here. :)

Oh man, i cant believe that actually happened!
Good thing you were going slow, too bad the accident even happened :(

Are you alright? Did you get break any bones?

Good to hear your alive and well, i still cant believe how fast that happened....
What was the speed limit on the road? He looked to be doing 47MPH but thats just a guess..

Hope you are doing well, take care buddy
BW

Hey man,

Glad to hear you're ok. Word of advise, go see a chiropractor. Even if nothing's hurting I guarantee after a wreck like that there are things out of place. It will save you from a whole bunch of soreness later.

Your very lucky. How are you feeling? I've read where the CVPI does not do real well in off center front crashes. Looks like it did it's part here, your still here. I've hit my fair share of deer with our cruisers, but nothing like this. Take care of yourself!

NastyGn said:

you just made it on the philadelphia news. i hope your alright take care and have a great thanksgiving, dave

Man, that is unreal. You are one lucky man. So glad you are ok. It almost looked like that guy turned toward your car that last second!!! :eek:

Wake up call

I can't describe how I feel after watching that. All I can say is that it shows me how fast a persons life can change, or end. Just about anything can turn tragic, even a peaceful drive. I think it would be hard for me to drive after going through something like that. I'm sure it will make a lot of us think and sometimes grit our teeth when a car passes us coming the opposite way. My uncle was just killed in a freak accident while at work and one thing the preacher said at his funeral was that we all come close to death every day. He said one example would be while we are traveling down the road we are within a few feet of death every time a car passes us, and we need to be ready just in case its our time and something happens. I'm thankful you made it. You will be in my prayers.
George