You can type here any text you want

a corvette got me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vendor Defendor

Out the window
but it wasnt even a far race, or much of one at that.

he came flying from behind me into a merge lane that ended in about 250 feet he gets next to me dropes a gear and nails it, i get on it but not all the way since i have a gimp 3rd gear and dont want to risk hurting anything. :(

i know i could have taken him, because from the sounds of things he had the car wide open, and when i was at 3/4 throttle i was staying on him.

then to make things worse i put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on my car yesterday, and i must have it running lean, becuase i started getting more knock than i have ever had. wasnt much, (a whole 5.3 degrees) but still.

now we have another cocky corvette owner out there thinking that he can beat GN's :rolleyes:

-Neil

I resemble that remark. I'm a proud corvette owner, but my Buick is quicker in the 1/4 ET but traps the same mph at 17 psi boost:)

If you're even with him on the highway, you'll smoke him from a stop.

This topic does not surprise me. There are a few vette's out there that will walk a GN. But their are also GN's that will hammer a vette. It depends on the car and its set up. You just never tell.

i just got one of my last issues of chevy high performance today, there was an awsome looking twin turbo c4 vett. i think they said it would run low 10's and made 1,300hp and about that in torque too, thats with race gas and 20#, pump gas was about 675hp i think. hope i never run into something like that.

It was a C5 corvette, and it wasnt a highway run, sorry if i made that impression.. it was on a regular road... i cant wait till i have a good working transmission...

-Neil

Dude, your signature says you ran a 14.5, a C5 runs at least a 13.5 bone stock and on top of that its from a roll. Thats the only time my vette makes power, and my Vette can beat cars that are quicker than me in the 1/4 if you go from say a 40mph roll. Thats the LS1's powerband.

Neil,

You need to learn a trick I found many years ago.

IF you have a car that IF RUNNING RIGHT is capable of beating someone, BUT you run into a beatable car WHEN you AREN'T running right, just pretend like it isn't worth your time and gas to race them. It pisses them off even more, doesn't expose you to the chance of getting beat, and there is NO WAY they can claim they beat a GN. Just smile, or laugh and act like they are just an annoying pimple on your butt.

Works every time.

I got my car back from Jeff Saturday with a new alky chip. I'm putting in a F body radiator now and HOPEFULLY I will have it on the road again by weeks end.

Terry

Back