You can type here any text you want

A couple of locals making some passes @ the strip with their 8sec street cars...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BADTT

1JZGTTE powered Corollla...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUu0IunvjkU[/YOUTUBE]

2JZGTTE powered Lexus SC300...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WidvsiwS37E[/YOUTUBE]

Flame suit is on...enjoy the rest of u :cool:

Nice! There a bunch of Nissan 240's here locally that have the 2JZ swap. Definitely a bad azz engine!

Definitely a bad azz engine!

+2 badazz indeed. :cool: These 2 have a match race coming up this August 6th. The outcome should be interesting, both r running similar times. I bet on the lexus...:biggrin:

I dig that corolla. The sc300 is a nice looking alternative to the high priced supras as well.

Thanks for the vids!

Both are definitely some wicked rides! I have always liked the SC300's with the 2JZGTE swap, seen a few of them down here at our local track but none were that fast. The Corrola looks like a scary ride for obvious reasons (shorter WB, lighter chassis) while the Lexus made it look easy coming out of the gate nice and smooth while charging hard on the big end!:cool:

I'm glad u guys liked the vids & yes the SC300 is a great alternative to the high priced Supras. It should easily be...what? $20k cheaper to build? :eek: brick I thought the same thing about the Corolla, it defintely has to be a scary ride. :cool:

Im new at the import stuff, but i wanted a supra. Are you saying the lexus has the same engine as the supra, or you can mod it to do the same. If so what year/make, and model do i look for?Also whats a 2Jzz engine?

Hth...

Im new at the import stuff, but i wanted a supra. Are you saying the lexus has the same engine as the supra, or you can mod it to do the same. If so what year/make, and model do i look for?Also whats a 2Jzz engine?

2JZGTTE is the code for the turbo engine in the Supras, in our cars it would be the LC2. The particular model of the SC300 shown in the vid has a 2JZGE engine from the factory, which make it's a pretty straight forward swap witht the Supra motor. It's still a 3.0L inline but non-turbo. The TTs stand for twin turbos. Some guys built the stock motor some swap over to a Supra turbo motor. If u swap over to a turbo motor (2JZGTTE) there are some issues to address. Motor mounts, oil pan won't work, wiring. The trans if I remeber rt is a direct R&R (@ least the 6 speed) as so is the IRS (independant rear suspension). Oh, if u ever do it, save yourself some trouble & don't buy a '99 & up VVT-i motor. Google some more there's plenty of 411 out there...

Thx for the reply, but you didnt say what year Lexus to get. So the lexus will come with the same engine if its the TT engine, just add turbos, and what ever else is needed, right? Any model older than 99?

Thx for the reply, but you didnt say what year Lexus to get. So the lexus will come with the same engine if its the TT engine, just add turbos, and what ever else is needed, right? Any model older than 99?

As to what year(s) this particular model was available I'm not sure...again to get this straight. The SC300 had a naturally aspirated version of the Supra turbo motor. Hope this clears ur confusion with the codes/letters:

SC300-2JZGE- non turbo motor. Was never available with the turbo motor from the factory.

Supra- 2JZGTTE- turbo motor (The TTs stand for twin turbos).

untitled.jpg

93 AUTO was common for the sc300. The rear diff ratio is different between the supra and the sc300. A turbo 400 and a ford 9 inch would work great if we all could afford to make this type of car a nice sweet racing and driving car.

untitled.jpg

93 AUTO was common for the sc300. The rear diff ratio is different between the supra and the sc300. A turbo 400 and a ford 9 inch would work great if we all could afford to make this type of car a nice sweet racing and driving car.

Yup the ratio is diff but the complete IRS is a R&R. Thanx for the tip on the year.

Did some searching around & the '93-'98 was the same model common for the swap. There was a Japanese available only version of the SC300 that was turbocharged from the factory, it was named the Soarer. HTHs.

Back