a/f reading on pl not same as aem gauge or scan master

stevek

Took car out for a few runs and have been noticed that my pl reading is off by 1 number compared to aem gauge and scan master. At wot i have pl set at 11.3 in high gear but my aem gauge and scan master are reading 10.3, Was wondering if there is something i can change on pl to make same. All are connected to same ground and power, let me know thanks

look at the F3 page and make sure the wideband selection matches your hardware.

what version PL and PLC do you have?

Bob

look at the F3 page and make sure the wideband selection matches your hardware.

what version PL and PLC do you have?

Bob
It looks like wideband is set at AEM 0/5, pl version 14.0 ,plc bailey eng. 2006. 2007 .2010

sounds like its set up right. PL version 4.0 and PLC 1.40 are the current versions

there was a wideband scaling issue many versions ago, but it didn't affect that selection.

Weren't there a couple different AEM gauges? which one do you have?

post up a log and I can take a look at it.

Bob

pl file thanks

Attachments

• 7-20 blm 150 1-2 11.9, 2-3 11.3, spk 137-133.dat
    156.9 KB · Views: 81
sounds like its set up right. PL version 4.0 and PLC 1.40 are the current versions

there was a wideband scaling issue many versions ago, but it didn't affect that selection.

Bob
AEM gauge is 30-4100 guage-type UEGO controller

Bob
Hey bob did you get a chance to look at my file and see if there is any changes i can make to correct a/f reading to match aem gauge

been slammed the last couple days.

will try to look tonite.

B
Hello Bob
I did a rag test on my Aem a/f sensor, with sensor out in air both the wide band gauge and scan master peg out to max lean, when i put sensor in rag with brace cleaner on it and the Aem gauge goes to 10.0 and the scan master only goes to 10.7, this would be what it seems to be off any suggestions thanks

I have seen AEM widebands that have limited analog ranges.

can you do a test where the reading is in the middle of the range?

Bob

I have seen AEM widebands that have limited analog ranges.

can you do a test where the reading is in the middle of the range?

Bob
Yes i could , you mean by holding at part throttle and watch both gauge readings. I can't do tonight , I'll try tomarrow and let you know thanks

The readings move around a lot when the engine is running, its hard to really compare visually like that.

What I usually do is warm the engine up, shut it off, then turn the key back on. The exhaust that is left over usually will read on the wideband pretty steadily for a short time, and you can make your comparison then.

Bob

The readings move around a lot when the engine is running, its hard to really compare visually like that.

What I usually do is warm the engine up, shut it off, then turn the key back on. The exhaust that is left over usually will read on the wideband pretty steadily for a short time, and you can make your comparison then.

Bob
Hello Bob

I just tried what you said , warmed up engine , shut off, then turned key back on and scan master read 14.7 and Aem gauge read 14.2, i did this a few times and readings were pretty much the same with Aem gauge reading .5 to .6 lower than p/l

where is the AEM gounded?

B
I just checked ground , i had it jumped into another ground wire, my screwup, i now have it grounded to a screw next to gas pedal now with 3 other things grounded there, i did test again and it did seem to make a difference both read about the same within .1 or .2, .Thats a hell of a lot closer for me, I'll try it out this week and see if same at full throttle, thanks for all you're help, sometimes the simple things are overlooked, thanks again I'll let you know.

where is the AEM gounded?

B
hey Bob just to let you know all seems good with readings with p/l and Aem gauge , they are just about the same when at full throttle , but know my o2 stock sensor just seems to be craping out, just started to read .000 at idle then goes up to 700 with some throttle , just ordered new one from Kirban, thanks for the help again