You can type here any text you want

A few questions Fiero+ LC2?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TrackMagicWS6

Currently buying an 88 Fiero GT. I Would like to put a Turbo Buick into. I notice alot of Fiero guys put in the 3800 series engines. Are they related at all to the LC2? Would aluminum heads from an LC2 bolt up to a 3800 series block? Is it possible to just buy a NA block out of a Regal from a Junkyard and slap a turbo on it? I only want about 400 H.P. so block strength isn't that big of a deal, do NA Regals have forged pistons?

Thanks for any help.

My friend is just finishing up a sc 3800 Series II swap in a Fiero. I would recommend that since there are more swap parts that are fabricated now and the bolt pattern matches the trannies that fit. The LC2 can be done but it's much more work.
The 3800 and LC2 are related but not the same and next to nothing swaps.
The heads don't swap.
The 109 block is the same but there are other differences that would need to done, nothing major.
The n/a's use cast pistons.

Some ideas for you

Currently buying an 88 Fiero GT. I Would like to put a Turbo Buick into. I notice alot of Fiero guys put in the 3800 series engines. Are they related at all to the LC2? Would aluminum heads from an LC2 bolt up to a 3800 series block? Is it possible to just buy a NA block out of a Regal from a Junkyard and slap a turbo on it? I only want about 400 H.P. so block strength isn't that big of a deal, do NA Regals have forged pistons?

Thanks for any help.

The 3800 block is a good idea so let's see how to do it. You need a set of RWD heads and an intake from the first gen FWD 3.8 liter. This puts the TB at the rear of the engine so you can plumb the turbo off the exhaust cross over. A nice idea for room. If you look in the Hybred section you will see where another member swapped a 3800 into an old Century (83 I think) and his results. It may be the best solution for you.

I ve got a rebuilt fwd 3.8 and rebuilt trans from a 87 la saber if anyones interested -less than 500 miles- car got sideswipped after rebuilds.-paid $3000. will let them both go for $1500.

Back