You can type here any text you want

A little car touble

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BeanSS

SlickSquid
Hey guys I was wondering if you could help out on my problem with my car.
Well the first problem is my car will start up....but it will only run as long as I stay on the gas? As soon as my foot comes off the pedal the car cuts out...I figured that it was an issue with the carb and it not being tuned so I bought the book you guys recomened by Cliff Ruggles and i have been reading it (Im so not a engine guy it ain't even funny ) but I do have a friend that speaks fluent 10-30w !:biggrin:

Do you have any pointers or leads as to why the car is doing this? Was my hunch right?

My second issue is I think I have some sort of electrical issue that drains my battery...but I can work and troubleshoot that once I get the car running. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Could be a few things but, first on my list are:
Choke is misajusted or not working at all, "stuck open"
Idle circuit in the carb is clogged or carb itself is very dirty.

Could be a few things but, first on my list are:
Choke is misajusted or not working at all, "stuck open"
Idle circuit in the carb is clogged or carb itself is very dirty.

And I'll add a vac leak

Thanks fellas I will try those out and let you know what the results is...Should i buy a carb. rebuild kit as well?

I'd have to agree with both the above posts. I'll add that it's more likely a hose if you haven't replaced them but if the choke sticking it will either be running really rich (closed) or really lean (open) and either situation will cause you to have to keep your foot on the gas.

If you aren't familular with an overhaul take your time. If everything is dirty it just might be time for a rebuild.

Back