A "Neon" that thinks he can beat the BLACK

EGOKILR

Dont Worry, Be Happy.
First I will list what I have and tell you guys what the previous owner of my 1987 Grand National said it did. 11.6 to 12's in the 1/4.
(TA 61 PTE .63), 42.5 injectors, had a TA 62 but had it rebuilt and they sent back a TA 61. 3.5 THDP with dump tube, aftermarket headers, MSD Ignition, boost controler, voltage booster, hotwire kit, 2 pillar gauge boost and temp, Larger front mount intercooler, 70mm TB, Tranny cooler, beefed up Tranny with stock 3.42 gears, aftermarket rear lower control arms and rear red racing airbags in place of shocks. Stock motor just rebuilt with about 1200 miles on it. Owner says it has a switch that has something to do with the track, street and freeway can anyone speak on this also, I do notice when the switch is in the forward position the fan always is on and is supposed to be track mode, middle is street mode and towards me is freeway mode and i notice the rpm differnce in each position, can someone explain.
I mind my own buisiness on the road untill someone wants to try the "Sinister Black" as my wife calls it. Everyone that has tryed to test it has been blasted off the map, its like a rocket ship.
First kill was an M3 with Biff driving and "Priceless jaw drop after he got smoked, A clean 300 ZX going up the freeway on a hill after he got about a car legth ahead I hit it, My wife says he had look on his face like he didnt know what just happend to him after I slowed down later to see if he wanted more and the best was a three car kill all at once that I didnt want any part of I just wanted to get home. An EVO or WRX with SPOOLIT on its lic plate all white and a rustang and a BMW all got walked on bad and then the EVO or WRX came back for more later by himself and I spooled in front of him of cours in a safe distance just to see why he would come back for more after all that and he didnt do anything with no one on the freeway for about a 3-5 ride but when I had to slow down to get on another freeway he just gave a quick spool and rev.
I have done some research on the Neons and found out that they have a stage II motor that is supposed to be quik. I have went on neon boards to check out there times, this guy that is supposed to be king of the streets is supposed to be doing 12.5's in the quarter, and he has a hell of a 60 foot time from what everyone is saying , Well I need slicks becuase with two people in my car, once 2nd kicks in, it wants to go sideways and i have to let off or bye bye baby. What do you guys think about me and the Neon.

The switch is sounds like a TCC lockup/fan switch. One way it activates the fan all the time, the other way it forces lockup of the torque converter when the car shifts to second (regardless of what speed). In the center, the switch is off.

This was pretty popular mod back in the mid 90's.

As for the Neon, I personally would not race it from a roll unless you are running alchy/race gas. 110-114 mph in the 1/4 is not uncommon for an SRT-4 with minor mods.

EGOKILR said:
I have done some research on the Neons and found out that they have a stage II motor that is supposed to be quik. I have went on neon boards to check out there times, this guy that is supposed to be king of the streets is supposed to be doing 12.5's in the quarter, and he has a hell of a 60 foot time from what everyone is saying , Well I need slicks becuase with two people in my car, once 2nd kicks in, it wants to go sideways and i have to let off or bye bye baby. What do you guys think about me and the Neon.

The Stage stuff the Neon guys talk of is a level of mods and not an actual build of the motor.

With a little Xylene in the tank and a tire you shouldn't have much problem with a "stage 2" SRT4 from a stop.

May be closer than you may think from a roll especially if he's running good gas and you're not. :eek:

NEARING said:
With a little Xylene in the tank and a tire you shouldn't have much problem with a "stage 2" SRT4 from a stop.QUOTE]

not to get off topic, but please explain

Xylene

It's paint stripper. 117 octane paint stripper!

You mix 3 gallons of 93 to 1 gal of xylene and you get 4 gallons of about 100.
Don't mix it any stronger than that.

Some say you should put a TAD of Marvel Mystery oil in it too.

I think I ran about 18-19 psi on my old 86-T. Stock turbo and I/C. In the Winter. Street chip.

NEARING said:
It's paint stripper. 117 octane paint stripper!

You mix 3 gallons of 93 to 1 gal of xylene and you get 4 gallons of about 100.
Don't mix it any stronger than that.

Some say you should put a TAD of Marvel Mystery oil in it too.

I think I ran about 18-19 psi on my old 86-T. Stock turbo and I/C. In the Winter. Street chip.

I have some laying around the office, i was just wondering what i was sitting on. BTW, paint stripper is putting it lightly, thats stuff breaks down anything it comes across. thanks for the help, i'll see what it does to the sti.

The Neon that couldnt

Thanks for the info, Im sure with some slicks I could definitly beat him. My budddy just did 7.5 in the 1/8th on the track and ate a C4 for lunch by about 15 car lengths, he's running alky tho. My buddy told me that I could use his up pipe and alky if the "Neon that couldnt" decides to run NOS. So then what do you guys think I should be spanking him still also. Or do I need to even use the alky

Forgot to put how much boost

21 psi and also, I noticed the fan switch mod is a 3 way switch, it sounds like you know what you are talking about, but the third position all the way back seems like it lowers my rpm and I was told it is for the freeway, and I noticed if it is in this position and I am slowing down to about 40 or less the car tends to bog and I have to put it back into the middle again or it will stall on me. Otherwise it seems good.
"Oh yeah the Neon", if I am able to do 11.6 -12's with my car should I really be worried about how fast his 60 foot times are, he may get me off the launch but I will catch up and reel him in. His best is 12.5 but he says he will put race gas and some nos. I think if I just put race gas, borrow my buddies alky kit and up pipe, and slicks I think its a DUN DEAL.

Search this section for the last one I raced. I was in a mid-11 second C5, but you should get the idea. From a roll they can be pretty tough, from a dig they just don't get out very well.

EGOKILR said:
21 psi and also, I noticed the fan switch mod is a 3 way switch, it sounds like you know what you are talking about, but the third position all the way back seems like it lowers my rpm and I was told it is for the freeway, and I noticed if it is in this position and I am slowing down to about 40 or less the car tends to bog and I have to put it back into the middle again or it will stall on me. Otherwise it seems good.
"Oh yeah the Neon", if I am able to do 11.6 -12's with my car should I really be worried about how fast his 60 foot times are, he may get me off the launch but I will catch up and reel him in. His best is 12.5 but he says he will put race gas and some nos. I think if I just put race gas, borrow my buddies alky kit and up pipe, and slicks I think its a DUN DEAL.

I don't see the neon getting you out of the hole if you're on a tire and IF your car IS RUNNING RIGHT, very important.
If the neon is running 12.50's he proably has some good top end.
He is proably just trying to scare you with the N2O crap. Maybe not.?

That switch that is making you bog is locking the converter. Lock her down near the top of 2nd and hang on. :D

You do have a scan tool right?

Man quit playing around and kill this dude. If your car is tight, you can beat this dude. All of those SRT-4's are sticks, and 9 times out of 10 this clown can't get out of the hole(they never can). It'll be over before it started! ha ha

Reply to nearing

Scan Tool, I know it is a No No not to have one. That is coming for Christmas but it was previously tuned and still has a bark when it hits 2nd, "Hold On keep straight". The next guy I cant remember his name that replyed but yeah, I just want to make sure and have at least some drag radials, but I know I should be able to spank him.

you'll be fine!

Dont know where these wimports get their balls from, but once they get their hands on a turbo or supercharger for the little 4 banger they swear theyre gods of the streets! My bro-in-law has an 03 RSX-S with a jackson racing supercharger and SWEARS he can take me! GN1's, THDP, FMIC, 70mm TB, BGC intake, etc. these kids have NO CLUE! EDUCATE HIM!

Just race him from a dig and you will be fine. I could never get out of the hole on mine. My fastest time was 12.2 @ 124mph. with a 2.3 60ft on slicks. Some people can launch them, I think the best 60' I saw was a 1.81'. If he is on the juice dont race from a roll.

If he is on the juice dont race from a roll.

I thank all you guys for your replys and to sithv6, Yeah, I will school him, and as my boy in his Turbo T told this young kid who tryed racing him in his GTO, and got schooled, "Do some reserch before you go running up on one of these cars." I will take your advice and not race him if hes on NOS, but If I get race gas and borrow my buddies alky I should be ok. Right?

SITHV6 said:
Dont know where these wimports get their balls from, but once they get their hands on a turbo or supercharger for the little 4 banger they swear theyre gods of the streets! My bro-in-law has an 03 RSX-S with a jackson racing supercharger and SWEARS he can take me! GN1's, THDP, FMIC, 70mm TB, BGC intake, etc. these kids have NO CLUE! EDUCATE HIM!

HAHAHAHAHAHA- those cars are weak, my friend had a turbo on one and he sold it because it wasnt so fast......he regretted that after he dropped about 20g's into it. You will KILL him with that setup. that setup is absolute death on the street!!

Thanks Johnny 2x and GNGUY

Yeah, I pretty much knew I would whoop on him because I have not lost yet. I dont go looking for trouble but the "Black" just seems to bring it out in them, then they regret it. I know there is always someone that can beat me, just havent ran into them yet. I just dont like the fact that when I take off I get sideways once it kicks into second and have to ease up a bit. My buddy says to just drop the psi on the rear tires to get tracktion to about, I think he said 18 psi, anyone know what is best. By the way that is with someone in the passenger seat it gets sideways, so imagine me being by myself, and this is also about half to full throttle or peddle.

that setup is absolute death on the street!!

GNGuy you had me LOL with this one. Its good to know others know that its quick, because I just wasnt sure, but the way others are just walked on I should know and I am just waiting for the guy who is close or at least in my view where I see them, or maybe even ahead of me, Now thats a thougt I am regretting, but that is just when I will add bigger injectors and turbo :) and other littlle goodies, alky maybe a single shot of NOS for when its close heheehehehehehee