You can type here any text you want

A roadster a good idea?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OneLethal87GN

R.I.P. Lethal GN
I've seen where a guy made a convertible GN clone. I never saw the final results but what I did see of it was awesome. I was just wondering if anyone had tried to make a GN roadster? How much work would be required for something like this? Of course it would have to be someone with money, and a garage to keep it in. I think it would be the coolest GN if it had no top. I know someone will say it wouldn't be stiff or safe in a crash but I'm just talking about something to cruise in and show off, not to race. I've made a roadster out of a 1:24 model and it just looks so nice. I know some will say it will be ugly or whatever but if I ever get into some money you guys will see a GN roadster not long after.

actually, since our cars have a frame, strength wouldn't be to much of a concern.
You'd have to reinforce the A pillar and the lower B pillar some - other than that, it would be a snap (Heloo sawz all)

Oh yeah - I've seen the convertible GN and Do personally thing it is ugly. To each their own though.

Is there a website with the conv. GN anywhere? I saw it halfway done but never saw the final product.

The car was at Bowling Green many(5-6-I think) years ago.
It had a boot cover behind the rear seat but I don't know if it had a convertable top under it or not.

Definitely different.

The only reason I knew about it was because I had bought some videos off Ebay and asked the guy if he had more and he sold me the 1990 GS Nats video and the car was in it. It was mostly complete. The only thing I remember it lacking was door panels. I think he said the car was a convertible to start with but he said it wasn't a Regal. I want to say he called it a riviera but it's been a while. I'll dig the tape out and watch it again tomorrow and see what he said it was. Looked like a Regal to me. There was one of those convertible Regals a few hundred yards away from where I graduated high school. I used to see it every day on the way to school. Maybe I should try to locate that and convert it to a GN?

Back