You can type here any text you want

A simple rear main seal job turned into this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Can`t afford a rebuilt. If this was my case. Depending on how much mileage does this motor have. I don`t think throwing in New Bearing will live long by looking at those Journals. I would take the Crank out from under the car. Have it turned 10/10 and put NEW Bearings. This way you will survive much much longer.

You've been visiting this site too much haven't you?:

Engrish Funny: Engrish Pictures That Is Your Funny Engrish

I'm sorry, I just had to. No hard feelings. ;)

Rods

You've been visiting this site too much haven't you?:

Engrish Funny: Engrish Pictures That Is Your Funny Engrish

I'm sorry, I just had to. No hard feelings. ;)
\

did you check your connecting rod bearings, reason why is my mains check out good but once i got to the rods the center ones were out of shape causing lost of oil pres taking out my mains. Your right about the bearings being replaced i just got a motor checked out the mains,rods they where still stamped GM really happy about that at least you got a un cut crank.

did you check your connecting rod bearings

Actually, no. I was afraid to dig any deeper. I was already depressed enough by finding my main bearings looking like that. I thought if I pulled some rod bearings I might not like what I found since I know they get the brunt of things first and might even look worse than the mains. Ignorance is bliss. :p

I'm just praying this thing stays together long enough for me to have enough saved for a rebuild. If the crank gets too damaged from running it as I have it now, then f**k it. What's another couple hundred bucks for another crank when doing a rebuild anyway? It's just $ right? :rolleyes:

Back