You can type here any text you want

A special carbed turbo engine F/S

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
This is a carbed/turbo engine. carb is on the drivers side at the back and the turbo is also at the back.. This is one of 16 engines that were donated right from GM to a school and was never in a car and is in EXELLENT shape! complete long block and i mean complete! It even still has the tag on it from GM stating: "This engine was donated from GM to such and such school for research purposess only! not to be sold" What would this engine be worth seeing it's a GM donation research engine and it being only one of 16? Scot w.

...still has the tag on it from GM stating: "This engine was donated from GM to such and such school for research purposess only! not to be sold".....

I don't have an answer I'm sure someone will pop-up that does. But quoting from what you wrote: "Not to be Sold" This must have some legal ramification even by today's standard. So I would assume/conclude it's worthless for monetary purposes, but from a collector's point of view it would be a museum piece.

Now if the school would give it away to someone that would set a standard and a value would then be plausible. :cool:

1 of 16 donated to some school doesn't mean much. It was one of thousands made that year. Maybe it failed quailty control and was donated instead of being put in a real car?

You need to figure out is it's a Rivera (FWD) or Regal (RWD) motor and than what year to figure out it's value.
BEFORE BLACK - Evolution of the Buick Turbo V6

1 of 16 donated to some school doesn't mean much. It was one of thousands made that year. Maybe it failed quailty control and was donated instead of being put in a real car?

You need to figure out is it's a Rivera (FWD) or Regal (RWD) motor and than what year to figure out it's value.
BEFORE BLACK - Evolution of the Buick Turbo V6
stated as a buick t-type engine. 1982 or 1983 for sure..

Back