? about fpr and fuel rail

spining 6

got a job
Just got done replaceing injectors and screwed the fpr on turned ing. on spraying all over the place , how far does the fpr have to go in the rail,I don't see the o-ring but I see gray spacer , also gave it a tap inwards and it stopped. thanks :eek: just don't want it to start leaking while i'm driving it.

You need an o ring on the FPR before you install it into the rail. That grey "spacer" you see is prolly the o ring. Remove FPR from rail, fish out the o ring, and reinstall FPR with a new oring on it.

The O-Ring can pinch very easily. Take the regulator back off and look for tears or "burrs" in the O-Ring. If the O-Ring is damaged its the same O-Ring the injectors use, so in a pinch you can use one off an old set of injectors. If you put a little lubrication on the O-rings, you will feel and hear a satisfying "snap" when the O-Ring seats properly (vs. a "mush" if its pinched)

i did

i replaced fpr o-ring with new one and reinstalled not leaking but if you push the top of the regulator you three tiny streams,it's ok i just worry that will happen when i'm driving it.

It happened to me once. Lost 4 gallons of fuel in 12 miles. :eek:

Anyway is this a new or old FPR?

Old ones had a plastic spacer and the O ring.

New ones the spacer is machined into the housing and just need the new O ring.

No leaking when touched ever! Check it out now! :(

must be old

It's like a 233 with a billet top it does have a gray spacer, looks like i have to take it apart and reinstall see if can pop it in further.