? about kolenes and Direct Clutches

JDSfastGN

I just pulled my tranny to have the converter checked out and decided while it was out to see how the clutches looked. all looked great except im not sure about the directs. I used I used Kolene steels(first time) with Alto clutches (stock number) and they seemed to work well, but my clutches are now very strange, like the black from the Kolene wore off on them? Is this normal, they are streaked with black around them, are they still good or should i replace the clutches since they are so cheap? Thanks guys

here is a pic of them, the car still shifted very firm at WOT on the 2-3, the Directs are Dual fed, and were clearanced about .040-45 or so. The steels all look ok, there don't appear to be but one or two hotspots, most of the weird spots just look like where the black of the Kolene has been rubbed off. Anyways hope this is normal. Thanks again
clutches.JPG

From what I have read on this board, kolene is known to wear off and because of that, most builders aren't using kolene steels anymore.

well im gonna replace the clutches anyways, but does anybody have anything else to add? Tranny gurus? I really can't believe they are that burnt and still chirped 315/35/17 nittos drag radials, ive had a flare before and they didn't look that black. Just curious for future reference as im still gonna use Kolenes in the direct as i saw a noticable improvement. Thanks Lee and Ineedagn for the replies, ive read about Kolenes not being used, some like em and others don't, im just trying different setups out. this one definitly shifted better than any other setup ive had