? about PTS rebuild kits

Blown&Injected

What type of clutch material is the Raybestos clutch offered in product ID 224?

I've read that the Blue plates are for race transmissions only?

Also, any benefit to the Kolene steels and are they available in the PTS kits?

TIA,

The Raybestos plates in the rebuild kit are stock ones, but can be substituted with others. As for the blue plates they are not race only but are a must for race applications because of there quality, which would not be required in a stock rebuild but could be used there, they are just better material and bite better. here's a link if you would like to know more.
http://www.raybestospowertrain.com/

The Kolene steels are supose to be better with heat resistants and bite better but as for any proof that they work.... well? Also the coating weres off very quickly. At PTS we chose not to use them, but we can supply them if you'd like. Here's a link to info on them.
http://www.altousa.com/

Thanks Mark, I thought it might be something like that.

Can you please send me an email (I know Bruce frowns upon pricing in this forum) that lists the cost of substituting the blue plates for the standard plates.

Does not seem as though it should be much since it is just the difference in price between the standard and bules - right?

Perhaps we can work something out - I already have a band from you, and since I have one of your deep pans - is the filter the one I can use?

Thanks,

Yea Mark?

Whats up?...

Sorry for this inconvience.... Mark is in the potty...LOL.:)

Bruce
WE4

Thanks Mark:

You mentioned 6 Direct blue's.

What about the Direct, 4th, overrun, low and reverse?

I have noticed Master kits blue plate and steels that say 10 Fwd/Direct, 2 - 4th, 2 overrun, and 6 low/rev. The low/rev say hi static tan, even in the blue plate kits.

I've read that extra clutch plates are not recomended, are the clutches other than the direct's not critical for performance transmissions? (only blues for the direct)

Thanks,

Re: Thanks Mark:

Originally posted by Blown&Injected

I've read that extra clutch plates are not recomended, are the clutches other than the direct's not critical for performance transmissions? (only blues for the direct)

Thanks,

Correct! you can use red or blue for the rest but not needed.

Re: Re: Thanks Mark:

Originally posted by HOTTOGO
Correct! you can use red or blue for the rest but not needed.

What does your kit include, I gather it is not the blue's based on the e-mail you sent me - red's? - or *normal* material?
TIA,

The kits currently listed on the site are just stock basic kits offered right now. We'll be adding are own personal kits as time permits. Thanx!

Hey Mark, is it the rebuilt kit we talked about and I ordered on the way?

Usually get a UPS link with tracking number from PTS

Thanks,

You are correct

Yes on way. We had computer failure for three days so it may not. Call shop and ask Amy for it. She will be more than happy to provide one.
PTS XTREME
WE4

Thanks Bruce, Mark already e-mailed me.

Just curious to learn if it had shipped. I noticed that, from another thread on the board, you guys are still moving. No need to bother digging up the tracking number, I'm sure I be troubling you enough when I tie in to the trans.