You can type here any text you want

AC Compressor Replacement

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Don't use the insert that came with your seal kit.
Only use the specific insert from Highway Stars (as it is machined differently to an exacting tolerance).
Have you also replaced your AC line set with the reproduction unit from Highway Stars?
If so, use the insert supplied by Highway Stars and tap it gently (and squarely) into the smaller diameter line (Hi Side) of your aluminum manifold on the linseed. The insert does not get installed in the compressor, but goes in the hi side of the manifold.

If you are retaining your stock AC line set, suggest you contact Glenn at Highway Stars . Give him a call and he will set you straight.

Good Luck

I have encountered leaks at the service ports, the valve cores were not sealing,
so I double check them when servicing my ac system, ( they are different that tire valve cores!)
I grew tired of trying to seal the dumb R4 connection, and converted to a sanden 508 compressor.
on my hybrid GN motor in 77 skyhawk,( also updated to 105 A small frame Alt)

Attachments

• DSC06350.JPG
    DSC06350.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 158
I have encountered leaks at the service ports, the valve cores were not sealing,
so I double check them when servicing my ac system, ( they are different that tire valve cores!)
I grew tired of trying to seal the dumb R4 connection, and converted to a sanden 508 compressor.

I'm wanting to do that to my hybrid too...Cruzn, I assume you made a custom bracket. Do you have a pic of the bracket or template that you used?
Thanks, Rob

yes, I made a bracket, that bolts directly onto the OEM alum bracket, with no mods,.
it mounts using 4 of the ac comp tabs,
the draw back..... orig alt was higher, than before, and in my case, hit the hood.
I had a cs130 alt in the junk pile, and it cleared the hood,and has same mount locations,

I will be removing the a/c assembly, as I have to mod the power steering pump, I have flaming river rack and pinion, and GM pump puts out to much flow, and pressure, makes the steering very twitchy, and a handful.
so am changing flow/pressure .
I'll take pics of the bracket, and measurements, and post up.
should be in the next week, as wife is having surgery tomorrow, and I 'm the nurse, ( feel sorry for her, LOL)

Looks killer Lee, but do me a favor and zip tie the fuel pressure regulator hose...

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Back