AC Delco part number check for power master accumulator

Old Guy Dave

First let me apologize for my lack of knoledge and ignotance.
Old Guy DaveNew Member
Not sure i followed the proper etiquette here in pasting this quistion or new thread.

Dave here. Could some of you more knowledgeable fellows about the Power Master brake parts look at something for me . Its on ebay Item # 191445996845. It's a Accumulator....Just wanted to make sure it the right one for the Power Master system on my 87 GN. I have tried to research the AC Delco patr number that are listed but still not sure. I bought it anyways... Just wanting to see if I threw away my $70 dollars.
So thank you in advance.

The 18014978 part number is correct. IIRC, there were actually 2 part numbers. That's one of them.

I think unless you are doing some kind of concourse resto, you need to get hold of kirban ans get his replacement. Much better/more reliable than the gm replacement.

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/318/BRAKE ACCUMULATOR BOWL #6697.html

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Thanks for the reply. But your right i am trying to keep it as stock as possible. Have been trying to get some info on the MBM Power Master remanufactured unit. Not sure but i have been led to believe that this is a redesigned unit also. From what i can see it looks identical to the stock units. Don't know if they are any better then stock units. Have talked to Kirban Performance. They where very helpful. Nice people. I may end up going with one of there rebuild units. At $600.00 but we will see.
I greatly appreciat the help here. This is a great web site. I have been able to glean all types very helpful info here. And very helpful comments such as yours.
Again thank you very much.

I like stock as much as anyone but I drive mine. I don't trust the powermaster for reliability. I doubt the casual car show attendee would know that my hydroboost isn't stock. And it stops so much better it is worth it to me.

I like stock as much as anyone but I drive mine. I don't trust the powermaster for reliability. I doubt the casual car show attendee would know that my hydroboost isn't stock. And it stops so much better it is worth it to me.

Thanks for the reply... You're right reliability is an important thing...I have not looked into the hydroboost set up for my car as of yet very thoroughly. But with your suggestion I think it's a definite possibility.... I do need to look into... Thanks

Thanks for the reply. But your right i am trying to keep it as stock as possible. Have been trying to get some info on the MBM Power Master remanufactured unit. Not sure but i have been led to believe that this is a redesigned unit also. From what i can see it looks identical to the stock units. Don't know if they are any better then stock units. Have talked to Kirban Performance. They where very helpful. Nice people. I may end up going with one of there rebuild units. At $600.00 but we will see.
I greatly appreciat the help here. This is a great web site. I have been able to glean all types very helpful info here. And very helpful comments such as yours.
Again thank you very much.

If you choose to stick with the PM it needs to be serviced yearly at minimum. Never allow you fluid to get black like oil.

Just curious. What do you guys that are the knowledgeable people. Recommend using dots 3 or dot 5 for brake fluid in a power master cylinder to Flushing Maintain

3 or 4 is fine. I prefer 4. Yeah, don't use 5. I've heard of people using 5.1 but never tried it myself nor felt the need to.

Hello all. Just wanted to thank everyone for the help. On the part number check for the AC Delco brake accumulator.... Received it last night. And installed it. Brakes working fine now. Staying with the power master unit for now. Still doing checks on break upgrades. Want to thank everyone for the help....Flushed brake fluid from master cylinder both reservoirs as recommended..... Moving on to new problems. Ordered a factory service manual also fork. This is a great website. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful.