You can type here any text you want

Accel Gen. 6 Sequential DFI vs. Accel Gen. 6 Batch DFI, advantages??? What are they?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Just a quick question. I know the Sequential DFI has one driver per injector therefore allowing you to change each injector setting manually as opposed to every two injectors for the batch DFI. But, are there any really BIG advantages of Sequential over Batch. Without having an egt gauge after each cylinder, is the sequential really "useless" as compared to the Batch fire?

Scott

The sequential box will allow low impedance injectors without using a VIC (variable injector controller). Some people will tell you that using low impedance injectors with a batch fire box is OK.

Don't beleive it. You will eventually damage a batch fire box if you run low impedance injectors at high duty cycles without a VIC.
A VIC allows you to richen just one injector or all 6 at a time without changing the base fuel map. I am running a Batch box with a VIC. I like being able to add or subtract fuel quick and easy to compensate for atmospheric changes.

Dave

Dave, is tuning with the VIC pretty manageable, even without an egt gauge in each exhaust tube?

Scott

Tuning with a VIC is predictable. I use one EGT probe just ahead of the turbo. The base fuel map has to be right!!!!!! I tune the car to the leanest cylinder and shoot for zero KR and the highest EGT possible. I have found 1590 degrees to be the sweet spot for my setup.

I basically use the VIC to add or subtract fuel from the whole map. Kinda like raising fuel pressure.

I have thought about egt probe for each cyl, but I would need a data logger with cold junction compensation to capture the temps and RPM, map etc to make good use.

DR

I thought with a sequential system the injector fires once every 720 degrees and the batch fire fires every 360?

Is that right or no?

Sequential is better on your fuel system, if wont deplete the rail of fuel every time like batch does. Open all 4, 6 or 8 at the same time or one at a time...Its easier on the pump & pretty much everything else....You can run low impedance injectors with a Batch setup Gen 6, once you start getting up to like 83's though, your not going to have the control of them vs having a Vic or a newer setup like the Gen 7...

Back