You can type here any text you want

Accufab throttlebody screws

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nasty Wendy

Perverted Lurker
What size are the little screws that hold the throttle body blade to the shaft? I know some folks here have replaced/changed them and I'm looking to do the same. Thanks.

my 70mm is going on 4 years now and no problems. maby i should loc tite them. i didnt know about the cam problem til christmas 2008 and i had a wiped cam 3 years old and didnt even know it.

my buddies 70mm was also about 4 years old and it finally broke. it broke at the head not at the threads. if i owned an accufab tb i would replace them without question right this second.

MARK just the ACCUFAB ones.

My accufab also snapped at the head about 5 minutes after installing it. Got stuck between the piston and the valve causing major damage. Emailed accufab and they basically told me to go F*** myself. Of course, they had never heard of such a problem. What pissed me off the most was that just replaced blown head gasket and figured may as well install a bigger TB since it will be off. This was about 3 years ago.

Tb

My accufab also snapped at the head about 5 minutes after installing it. Got stuck between the piston and the valve causing major damage. Emailed accufab and they basically told me to go F*** myself. Of course, they had never heard of such a problem. What pissed me off the most was that just replaced blown head gasket and figured may as well install a bigger TB since it will be off. This was about 3 years ago.

that is fu@ked up ill tell you this and hope everyone fellows im staying away from those accufab tb.

Wendy where did you get your replacement screws? Pulled mine off today to replace them. Went to three parts stores. No luck! They are 8-32 thread?

Just did this myself and got them from my local hardware store. Ended up going with an allen head type bolt vs the button head design. A little more meat to them on the end. While it projects into the air stream more than the button head type bolts I really don't think it will make any difference. And yes, 8/32's is the size by 3/8" long. Use some red loctite on them and you should be good to go. Do one bolt at a time to keep the TB plate in position.

Found them. Only they were a little longer than the 3/8. All I could get in this little one horse town. They stick out the shaft about 3/16. Leaving them sticking out going to bother anything? Don't really want to get the dremel around the shaft.

Back