You can type here any text you want

Accumulator Bowls Discontinued!!??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QuickBuick87

Just called my local dealer looking for a 18038506 or 18038507 accumulator bowl. Their telling me that they were DISCONTINUED. What the h#@* am I going to do now??!! I need brakes!! :mad: Does anybody know if these parts numbers were maybe superseeded or ??. This really sucks as you can't get these from your local auto parts store either. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Ken B.

Yes, GM is out of the powermaster business. if you need one desperately, post up if someone is willing to part with their spare. Otherwise, wait until Kirban's gets in thier next shipment of the reproductions (brand new ones) in the near future.

I also have heard of a place in california that has some as well. If i can find it again I will get you a link. But they wanted an arm and a leg for them.

Thanks for the info. I was going to order one from Kirban, but I guess thats not going to happen. I'm looking locally for one, but I think i'm going to post in the Parts Wanted thread also.

Ken B.

Don't feel bad. I gave my used spare to a friend in case his might be bad. Turned out his was and my spare worked! Now I am spareless...and can't get one until kirbans gets them back. I'm gettin a little nervous now and then when I drive. Time for a fresh bleeding!

fix for an occasion flash of Dash Brake light

Over 4 years ago, I was starting to get an occassional Brake light if I stepped on the brakes quickly which is normally a sign of a failing Accumulator. I had ordered a new Accumulator, but before I got it I changed the brake fluid to Valvoline synthetic DOT 3 fluid and I haven't had the dash brake light come on since. Brakes haven't given any problems since. I should probably change out the brake fluid again soon.

I don't know why it worked but it did for me.

HTH
David

SPOOLN said:
There is a company that is now making rechargable ones. http://cvjenterprises.com/Accumulators.aspx
----------------------------------
They have posted several times and noody sprung. They want like $ 450, and even if they do refill/recharge them, if they go out of biz, which is possible these days with any company, who are you going to get to recharge them. Getting on Kirban's list might be a hot set-up these days. HTH

I got mine from Gbodyparts.com.Give Brian a yell and see if he has any more.

Back