Actual timing numbers with boost

Do you know about the RJC Air Distribution Power Plate?
Yes, I have one. When talking with Jason he said to mock up a leaf blower and check diffrent combo, I tried a hemco, stock, power plate. I liked the power plate the best but still was far from perfect. Now I not saying that's the same as it is as running but was intresting none the less

I have run more timing in 109s than i run in my stage 2.
I'd assume as much, a better flowing head almost always uses less timing at peak power, which is a good thing. Your undoubtedly have your cars well sorted out. So are you willing to post your timing chart or is it secret?

Anyone running more than 25 degrees above 25 pounds?
19-21 are common timing numbers for e85 when making power over 600 hp. As I said earlier,the burn rate of e85 is faster than gasoline. Because of this,timing will be lower than gasoline. Don't look at timing as a goal. Look at it as a burden/something you want to avoid doing. Don't say "Hooray,I get to add more timing." Say "Son of a bitch,I had to add more timing."

I'd assume as much, a better flowing head almost always uses less timing at peak power, which is a good thing. . . .
Very true, especially when combined with better chamber design and better fuel vaporization.

19-21 are common timing numbers for e85 when making power over 600 hp. As I said earlier,the burn rate of e85 is faster than gasoline. Because of this,timing will be lower than gasoline. Don't look at timing as a goal. Look at it as a burden/something you want to avoid doing. Don't say "Hooray,I get to add more timing." Say "Son of a bitch,I had to add more timing."
My personal approach is to add timing till you stop making significant mph gains or HP if tuning on a dyno and take one degrees out. I also think coolant temp, ambient air temp/ intake temp have significant factors in your timing map.

I am running 20° of timing in my stage 2. Last year i was running 17°. From 17 to 20 there was a gain of 25hp or so. Gave it 2 more degrees, and it picked up 3hp, so backed it down. I have run 21 to 23° on 9 sec iron headed engines. I havent really played on the dyno with these combos to see where they want to be. These were chip cars, and that is where the chip was set. I have 2 to dyno tune this winter/spring with xfis.

I am running 20° of timing in my stage 2. Last year i was running 17°. From 17 to 20 there was a gain of 25hp or so. Gave it 2 more degrees, and it picked up 3hp, so backed it down. I have run 21 to 23° on 9 sec iron headed engines. I havent really played on the dyno with these combos to see where they want to be. These were chip cars, and that is where the chip was set. I have 2 to dyno tune this winter/spring with xfis.
That's some great info! Thanks for sharing

Okay with my combo I’m runing 24-25* I made 745RWHP at 17lbs . All my EGTs where in the Low 1500* F range . I do have a probe per cylinder. It is useful to even have one probe imo . It’s better to have the data and not need it then to not in my eyes. Before I had 6 probes I had one single right before the turbo and it did help me with tuning decisions

I reckon that the compression ratio might be a factor affecting how much total advance to run.

Lots of people run 24* advance across the table or more back in the day with race gas. Even tuners posting in this thread :) Tuners usually do not go above 20* up top with any fuel now a days.
No reason to go above 19* up top imo. Boost is more knock friendly than timing....that's one reason why people choose boost over timing.

I haven't gotten out of the 20's down low. 22/19 up top with D12 at moderate boost. No problems.. Can feel a little lazy down low with stock timing with D12 fuel on my car.