You can type here any text you want

Acufab??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Have the rails etc mocked up for lines. The Saginaw adapter puts the -6 90* into the intake.
I did a search, and found 1 solution. He cut the bottom off, and had a fitting tig welded in.

I've looked at Fragola, and found an adapter that will screw into the reg, and uses an alum crush washer to seal it. That adapter is considerably shorter than the Saginaw, and should be ok.
The base of the reg appears flat and in a large enuf diameter to provide the sealing surface.

The ?: Has Ne1 come w/ a better idea? A pic, and pt number would be nice!:cool:

drill and tap the bottom of the regulator with a 3/8 NPS tap. then screw in a 3/8 NPT male 90 deg to -6 male fitting

drill and tap the bottom of the regulator with a 3/8 NPS tap. then screw in a 3/8 NPT male 90 deg to -6 male fitting

Thot about that, but wasn't sure there's enuf depth to get a pupe thread in there, B4 the tap bottoms out.
Will get on it, and "git'r done"!
{Trying to get all I can while the engine is still on the stand}:D

Thanks for the help, guys.:cool:

chuck,

if you use a tapered NPT tap, then the depth is not enough. That is why i used a straight NPS tap

i get mine locally from discounthydraulichose.com and yes its listed as JIC .. same as AN
9069-06-14

but jack at racetronix has a good price and also carries some other nice fittings

Same place I got mine from.(y)

Thanks for the help!:D
Think I'll see what all Jack has, and make an order.

metric 1.5 is same pitch as AN when you add the oring its often caller ORB straight (oring boss)

taper is for sealing at threads

I usually use an Earls 14MM to -6 adapter (power steering) and a 120* hose end fits much better

3b155a644299cbda81304cdb83b45111.jpg

This is the fitting I got from Discount hydraulics on my FPR same one Racetronix sells. Notice how much clearance you get from the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back