You can type here any text you want

Advertised 276 hp, right?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tommyguns

I know that's laughable, but has anyone taken a stock or near stock GNX to a dyno? I would love to know what these beasts really put out. Thanx.

My previous lower mile tta put down 323 to the tire with a air filter and test pipe

Everything else was stock.
BW

I thought I read in the club mag (GS-Xtra) that a dyno sheet was given to the owner indicating horsepower and torque values. They ranged anywhere from a low of 320 hp to 360 ish on the high end. Someone will chime in with the issue number/date.

The GS-XTRA is March/April 2006 Number4. The lowest was 325 and the highest was 370!!! The GNX that i own (#126) made 365.1 HP during WOT test.:)

Thats sorta like the old 428 super cobra jets in rustangs and torinos, advertised at like 325 hp but really closer to 465. The reason, insurance prices. I wonder if the GNX's were for the same reason?

While were on it

While were on it, what were the torque and hp ratings to the wheels for the ttypes/gns and the tta in stock form? Listed 235 wasnt it?

While were on it, what were the torque and hp ratings to the wheels for the ttypes/gns and the tta in stock form? Listed 235 wasnt it?
like every other hp rating ever, that was supposedly the power at the flywheel in the same trim as installed in the car- stock everything from the air cleaner housing to the tailpipe. i wonder how much difference it makes in the car to actually have a lot of air flowing thru the intercooler to cool the charge down...

All GNX's were dynoed at ASC, XRAY posted up a real dyno sheet in one of his threads.

a bone stock factory original '87 GN will produce about 280 to 290 flywheel horsepower at 14 psig boost on premium unleaded pump gas (92+ octane)

I thought they changed

the rating system in the early 70s(72?) from flywheel (with no accesories) to BHP(brake horse power)-engine in car with all accesories at tires??

you are correct about the hp ratings...

i had access to both an engine dyno and a chassis dyno.

For a factory stock 87 GN...

chassis dyno would yield about 225 bhp at the rear wheels with about a 20% driveline loss.

Back