advice on getting into the 12s

daveuz

friend of mine is getting his first GN , 1987 , all stock 40k miles. What or where should he find good info on getting it into the high 12s and keep it as streetable as possible. about 8 years ago we got my fathers car (87 gn)into the 12s with a chip, cleaned the cat , bumped the boost alittle and a k&n filter, also I think we raised the fuel pressure some. I know it is fairly easy to get them into the 12s but he is new and should do some reading /research. thanks in advance. Dave

go to gnttype.org tell him to read up on his car they have a recipe for a target time, tunning is your #1 concern, don't just throw money at it, and good luck should be fun.

worth looking at.

recipes
daveuz said:
friend of mine is getting his first GN , 1987 , all stock 40k miles. What or where should he find good info on getting it into the high 12s and keep it as streetable as possible. about 8 years ago we got my fathers car (87 gn)into the 12s with a chip, cleaned the cat , bumped the boost alittle and a k&n filter, also I think we raised the fuel pressure some. I know it is fairly easy to get them into the 12s but he is new and should do some reading /research. thanks in advance. Dave

GET A SCANTOOL! It will save untold frustation and damage. Do the "spring cleaning" and read, read, read. It's really not brainsurgury but alot of guys are in sbc mode and these don't follow those rules.

Pronto said:
GET A SCANTOOL! It will save untold frustation and damage. Do the "spring cleaning" and read, read, read. It's really not brainsurgury but alot of guys are in sbc mode and these don't follow those rules.

ditto.. then save his money and get an alky kit too

excellent! Thank you fellows! I will get him this info and signed up for this site. Dave