You can type here any text you want

advice on tuning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I read your signature those speedpro hyper pistons are part of the problem the pin height or compression height on those lowers the compression down a lot. I have about the same combo with cast speedpro pistons same pin height as hypers, with a 44 turbo and rarely seen 89 mph I was up in the 30+ psi range. I started to play with timing watched for knock and worked timing up to 27-28 range and picked up 2 mph and about 3 tenths 7.40s to 50s all the time 27psi boost . The timing will get you there.

track update
Lowered boost to 25#s
installed 10" 3200 converter
At track powerlogger wont record a full log, stops log as soon as I leave the line,
First pass no timing added 7.60 with a 1.67 60ft
Second pass same as first trying to get logger to work, Ended up using recall on the scan master g
Third pass add 1 degree of timing in 1st and 2nd, 7.48 and a 60 foot of 1.60
forth pass added 1 more degree in first and went 7.46 with a 1.6 60ft
Fifth pass added a total of 3 degrees in 1st and 1 degree in second and blew the axle shaft. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later seeing it has a 7.5 diff in it for some reason.
So I will be getting a 9" to put in it.
Thank you all that responded it helped a lot.

my powerlogger had the same issues. wound up using a trigger to get it to log.
I am not sure what you mean. I did try both ways of triggering it. Tps and manually with the space bar. Both ways had the same results . It works fine on the street but not at the track. I think maybe it might be a bad connection at the ecm, I was thinking the g force at launch with traction causes it to lose connection for a split second and stops the log.

Back